Gun Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've decided i need a new scope ,i've narrowed it down to 3 and moneys not a problem.heres the 3
eo-tech 511
aimpoint t68
acog 103

need a little advice ,and will be used a lot so good relibility.the aimpoint and acog arent gonna be G&P unless theres are good so help a fellow airsofter out.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
If you can afford the EO-tech then get it. The 1 to get is the 553.A65 ;)

If it's a real Aimpoint then that's good too. It's a tube based reddot as opposed to a more open holographic sight like the EO-Tech. The Open reddot sights accomodate Googles and Full Face Masks better. Replica aimpoints are all over the place and do a decent job for airsoft use though.

A real ACOG is a magnified scope with tritium crosshairs. Magnified scopes don't do much for airsofters. More for looks. Eye relief with googles.mask and the simple fact airsoft jsut doesn't shoot that far are teh probs. They make replica ACOG's that are reddot scopes though. They do the job just like the replica aimpoints.

And this all depends on how you mount them to your gun as well as other factors.

I posted this a while back.

http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=145&Itemid=29

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Damnit, I want an eotech for my AR-15 (real one). :( but I'm too poo' to buy one. It's not bullet proof, I know that.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
PS: If you want something like the eotech for airsoft, I know buschnell makes something very similar and for like $100. Can't remember the name, so do a search on google. I was actually thinking about picking one up to try on my AR, AK, or SU... but I think I'll save up for the real deal, since it is for the real deal.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
And here is the eotech for comparison:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan... I thought the bushnell one was much cheaper. I have to give credit to bushnell, I have a Bushnell legend scope for one of my rifles and it outperformes any scope I've ever used... all for about $300.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
hehe.. Bushnell Holosights are made by EOtech. Thus the resemblence ;) EOtech had some realtionship with Bushnell in the past, but is now owned by a company L-3 Communications. The Bushnell Holosight line is kinda the civilian version of EOtech.

whiteboy said:
is the eo-tech bb proof
It's as bb proof as any other reddot/relfex type scope. I know people who have epoxied a plexiglass shield though, but the EOtech is designed to function even if the lens is broken by a bullet or shrapnel. See teh features of the EOTech line:

http://www.eotech-inc.com/lawe_features.php

and for FAQs on EOtechs:

http://www.eotech-inc.com/faqs.php

And yes there's an airsoft copy/replica of the EOTech now. It's pretty craptastik though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i love the POSP and can i get a word kit to go on the AK or do i have to have it black it's whole life.if u cant find the info dont bother justa random q.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
white boy said:
yea i love the POSP and can i get a word kit to go on the AK or do i have to have it black it's whole life.if u cant find the info dont bother justa random q.
LOL I'm not sure what your asking. A wood kit? Yeah a bunch are available. Ask AEX or a retailer about wood kits on an RK104. They can dry fit one and let you know how well it fits. The CA SLR105 is already includes a wooden stock and foregrip too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts