Gun Forums banner

Black Weatherproof disguised Bullet/Stab-proof jacket

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Fuzz541 
#1 ·
Black Weatherproof disguised Bullet/Stab-proof jacket
[PDLBLACJAC]

This is, without doubt, the best disguised bullet/stab-proof jacket we have ever come across. You won't find it anywhere else and you will never find a protective jacket as smart as this one. The protection levels it offers are quite unheard of in such a light,3 kilo, and discreet jacket.

This jacket offers a protection level to NIJ STD 0101.04 level 11A and European Police Standard for tactical vests RPS B (1999).

The armour protects against 9mm Full Metal Jacket Round Nose (FMJRN) projectiles, with a weight of 8gm (124gr) at 430 m/s. Full Metal Jacket Round Nose (FMJRN) type DM11A1B2 (DN or MEN) projectiles with a weight of 8gm (124gr) at 415m/s. 44 Magnum jacketed Soft Point (JSP) type Norma 11103/61103 projectiles with a weight of 15.6gm (158gr) at 390 m/s. 44 Magnum Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP) projectiles with a weight of 15.6gm (240gr) at 430 m/s. Eastern European Tokarev LC 7.62 x 25mm steel core projectile with a weight of 5.5gm at 455 m/s.

This jacket also protects against stabs, cuts, slashes with sharp and blunt edged weapons like hypodermic needles, ice picks, knives and broken bottles up to 25 Joules according PSDB (2003).

This is a mans outdoor jacket made of 100% Polyester Canvas with PU-coating on the reverse. It has a waistband with a pull-chord and velcro fastening at the sleeve ends. It is supplied with a detachable hood. Available in sizes small to XXL in Black only.

£1,250.00 Incl.VAT
£1,063.83 Excl.VAT

http://www.spycatcheronline.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=380

- James Bond

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been wanting one... the fact that it doubles as a jacket is quite a plus. Shame about the price but I guess bullet-proofed-ness doesn't grow on trees.

:alien:Petrus

#6 · (Edited)
brucelee said:
Dammit, the link is broken... :(
No the link isn't broken, I clicked on it just now (10:42AM EST) and it came up with a slight delay due to distance.

Keep in mind this product is supposedly/marketedly rated to resist penetration of XYZ round...but as it does not have hard impact dispersion plates the wearer will likely absorb some of the bullets energy, as well as the imapct force of a knif and/or bottle.
Upside you won't have holes in you but down side you will very likely have external bruising if not internal injuries.

- Kyle Reese

#15 ·
jamz said:
I also like how it can cover the neck!
I don't think the neck is covered with ballistic material. I think the jacket just accepts standard ballistic inserts. Unless my reading is furburgered, which is entirely possible.

There are other solutions I'd explore before going with such a limited garment.

Pro's:
- ballistic protection
- relative stealth
- fashionably neutral design, fairly versatile
- easily removable (you can take it off to stay cool if needed)

Con's:
- easily removable (you have to be wearing the big black jacket or you don't have your protection
- fashion limitations (can't wear it to formal dinner or on super casual occasions in warm weather)
- probably not quite as protective as a slim-fitting vest. I'm not a big expert in this area, so grain of salt here.

Second Chance does a carrier called the "Deep Cover."

It goes against the skin, so you can wear it under almost everything, but it could get sticky.

I'm sure there are a few other similar items out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.