Gun Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to buy grips for the AK 47 that are black? I want something bigger than the spetsnaz and I am not really a fan for the way the AK 74 looks (plus I heard something about battery space issues for upgrades). I saw one on redwolf and I was gonna order it but then i heard about the US customs problems and their site has been on the fritz (those two things connected?)

So in a nutshell, I want the marui version of this, but all the ones I can find are offbrand and low quality. So far the only solution I can come up with is using the spetsnaz pieces with the normal size AK47 but that look still kinda bugs me.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Black furniture kits do exist for TM AK's, just depends on how picky you are.

Other then that, the stock Tokyo Marui platic wood looking furniture is easily painted with Tamiya or other model paint made for plastic.

As you mentioned the Beita Spetnaz, I got rid of mine mainly since I found out it wasn't based on a real AK and secondly because the foregrip and outer barrel assemblies aren't "easy" to switch out to full size.

If you can live with a Classic Army AEG. They make an Airsoft version of the Arsenal SLR-105 including metal receiver. For the AK purist that's a 5.45 stamped reciever AK with Black Furniture so it may not fit your bill.

Redwolf's seizure problem mostly revolved around Colt licensed products from when the KSC 1911 gov't was released. Colt was hounding U.S. customs to seize stuff (Effected airsoft 1911's, M16/M4's or anything that had Colt trades on them). Those problems have been resolved, and the AK is usually either trademark free, or licensed for sale to the U.S. as in Aresnal/CA's case. I've order 3 times from RW since the Colt seizure incidents and the guns (non colt style products, but only by coincidence) have all come through fine.

RW's sites always laggy though. But if you go on today, Alot of Hong Kong Airsoft (WGC, Den, Guarder, King Arms, Star and War4 sites are iffy too) sites are getting nailed with newley aquired xmas money customers it seems ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts