Gun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I traded with this guy last week and I got my gun it looked ok except for one of the mags being completly broken .the next thing I notice is that the scope battery is held in by a few peices of paper stuck in it and camo tape holdin it in .ok so nothing I cant fix .next I go to take off the ris and I notice that the wires are complety ripped in half and theres electric tape on it .I open up to see the hopup and it's missing a peice.the scilencer is held together by gorilla glue (not as bad as I expected.)so beware him and his ways .his AIM is nickjboo7.if anyone has an comments about him please feel free to pm me .and now he has my 600 dollar M14 and I have *beep* for a gun .any ideas on how to settle this.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yeah, you guys, esp under 18 y/o need to be really careful when trading airsoft. The beggining of 2006 brought out a bnch of scammers that seemed to target under 18 y/o's.

These trading scam have have very little recourse for you if the trade/quality is not what you expected.

I hate to say it, but since you did a trade on good faith, there's little you can do. I'd suggest you post on the forum where you found this trader with more details of this transaction. (i.e. What type of gun you traded for, what were you expecting, etc) The only thing you cna hope is the person you traded with comes clean and tries to resolve the trade, but that's a long shot.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Not much anyone can do here since the user is not a member here and the transaction was not posted here. (The best we could do is ban him form the forums anyway. Doesn't help you with the M14)

Let this be a warning to the rest of you concerning airsoft trading. There's just too many ways to loose and very few ways to resolve it fairly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i agree, when trading an airsoft gun when i went to my cousins, it was total [email protected]#!, found out where the bastard lived and lets just say my cousin got a better airsoft gun.... :wink:

so watch every thing they say to you CAREFULLY!!!

and sorry for the loss :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've gotten worse that I rebuilt and then resold. a battery cover skinned wires and shitty supressor are nothing unfixable or things that should even be worthy of writing home about IMO.

Personally I have a M4 with some wire in the foregrip that are stripped and covered with electrical tape. In fact I had to strip mine to get them off the fuse so I could upgrade the gun to a metal body.

So automatically because I cover my stripped wires with tape on an otherwise prestine M4 and don't tell someone about it because it dosen't affect preformance when they buy it, I'm a bad seller?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yeager said:
So automatically because I cover my stripped wires with tape on an otherwise prestine M4 and don't tell someone about it because it dosen't affect preformance when they buy it, I'm a bad seller?
Not sure what this has to do with WB's M14 he traded for crap, or how to resolve his prob. Are you volunteering to fix the gun he got for the trade?

My point was when you trade you got no recourse. If you do a paypal or cc transaction, you actually have recourse.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Absolutely not, I don't think people understand what I'm trying to say in my posts as of late.

What I'm trying to say is just because he traded or sold it to him without informing him of the stripped wires does not automatically make this fellow shady or even bad for that matter.

What if like in my case he HAD to strip them to get the front section off the gun? or what if he had to strip them to sodder a connection and stripped them too far back?

What if the peice on the hopup fell out during shipping? I've sent and received guns with missing bits and a hole in the box.

Even better yet what if the postmaster opened it to inspect it? (see pymridairs blog on airgun silencers) and it fell out there?

"My point was when you trade you got no recourse. If you do a paypal or cc transaction, you actually have recourse."

Thats not always true, I've been trading for 4 years and I've always required people to send their guns to me first. And I've got quite a long list of refrences from it so now I have no fear in trading whatso ever.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Either case this now falls back on WB as to how the gun he traded for was represented to him. We dont' even know what he traded for or why.

Your "What if's" are fine but I still don't see how they solve to WB's specific prob. Unless you know more specifics about this transaction then what WB initially posted.

It seems if someone trades a fairly pristine AEG for another you'd expect that in return, unless otherwise specified. Anyway, back to my orig reply of beware of airsoft trades.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, one would expect a prestine gun in exchange for another one but often than not thats not the case.

Which is why I'm suggesting we go by NRA guidelines when listing guns.

As-per gun buyers guide of 1997
NRA perfect - 100% original condition
NRA excellent - 96-100% original condition
NRA good condition - 60-80% original condition
NRA Fair condition - 20-60% original condition

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
yeah sadly private trades are a buyer beware sort of thing. you can complain and bitch untill your blue in the face but there isent anything you can do (legally or otherwise) to force him to do anything. the ball is in his court, and its up to him to do the right thing.
sucks i know.

Yeager: if i traded guns with you, and before the trade went down you did not tell me there where bare wires, or any exposed wires (bare or not, electrical taped or not) yes, i would consider you a bad seller. the fact that it effects functionality is a moot point.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ORCA said:
LOL yeah airsoft kids will conform to that... WB's lucky he didn't get a bag of clothes with bricks in it like it happened to some other peeps.

you make it out like trading is worse than giving away your guns, Misconceptions like these are based on hersay and rumors only.

I've been trading guns back and forth for 4 + years, I've never been burned and never will because if they don't like my terms we don't trade.

No NRA condition rating? Under 18? No deal. :D

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yeager said:
you make it out like trading is worse than giving away your guns, Misconceptions like these are based on hersay and rumors only.

I've been trading guns back and forth for 4 + years, I've never been burned and never will because if they don't like my terms we don't trade.

No NRA condition rating? Under 18? No deal. :D
No.. These aren't based on rumors. I happen to be actively involved in alot of airsoft fraud related cases. No where in my inital follow up did I point you out specifically as being a bad trader. I don't care about you as a trader nor do you as a trader with 4+ years of experience have anything to do with helping to solve WB's prob. And now knowing you would not tell a buyer about an internal cosmetic alteration you did because the rifle fires fine... Well it's an honor thing.

Do you really feel you want to champion the cause of all traders and make a statement that no one gets screwed trading or that there are no bad traders or trader scams?

I merely pointed out that you have no recourse in a trade. You seem to like to read into things a bit much here.

Now if you are going to be naive enough to think there haven't been some bad trading scams as of late that entirely your deal. I know for a fact they happened.

You do realize we get alot of guns that people get in bad trades at AEX for repairs. We see alot of real world trading probs. And it's mostly some kid who now has an airsoft doorstop so their parent's have to contact AEX to try and do the repair.

This tard war stops now. WB I wish I could be more help bud. PM me if you can get it to work out.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
LOL this tard war really stops now. Looks as though WB found a resolution:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82908

I hope it all works out for him. And he doesn't get double whammied.

Now the next lesson for you WB. You gotta go to all the sites you posted this and get rid fo the post if Sniper Wolf makes good on the return.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts