Gun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started having problems with my G&G GR-16R4. I had the wires and the battery tested and had no problems with them. It was discovered by my coworker that the safter switch was lose. If he held the triger down and moved the switch back and forth slowly it would fire at one certin point. We could not take out the pin to get the gear box to come out. I was going to send it in to AXE but I dont feal like spending 30 and hour for repairs. I spent $500 on the gun and really liked using it. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a fairly priced place to get it rapaired or if anyone knows how to get the gearbox out of this gun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
triten82 said:
I started having problems with my G&G GR-16R4. I had the wires and the battery tested and had no problems with them. It was discovered by my coworker that the safter switch was lose. If he held the triger down and moved the switch back and forth slowly it would fire at one certin point. We could not take out the pin to get the gear box to come out. I was going to send it in to AXE but I dont feal like spending 30 and hour for repairs. I spent $500 on the gun and really liked using it. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a fairly priced place to get it rapaired or if anyone knows how to get the gearbox out of this gun.
Thats really cheap for repairs. Other places are close to the same price, but AEX is so much better, in terms of knowing what they are doing, and standing behind their repairs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the adivce. And will they reatach the broken safter switch? I forgot to add that. I had the saftery off and went to put in back on and it broke off. Dont know why but it did.

·
Registered
67 Posts
they can do anything. I have my G&G GR16 done there twice. It only gets expensive because they might have to charge u for parts. But they stand behind their products. The most expensive repair i had there was 50 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yeah if you happened to buy the G&G GR from AEX, they'll take care of it. Those guys never overcharge for repairs either way and they'll call you if they find anything else broken while they're inside your gearbox.. (Ask Bruce about his AK he took back for repair not too long ago).

If you really want to take your own gearbox out and your not in the proximity to someone who has already done it, purchasing 1 of the Airsoft Guide DVD's will show you step by step. I know how to take the gearbox out of my m4's, but it's something better seen on video or in person.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=267&products_id=2338

They also had a free DVD from Arms magazine, issue 01/2006 that shows pretty much the same take down, but it's all in Japanese language.

As with anything if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. A few kids are offering airsoft repairs using used parts for cheap onthe local airsoft boards. Buyer beware.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I buy my isht from AEX because they stand by their work... if it breaks, they fix it, most of the time without a charge (unless you need a new part).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someon give me shipping information? I have tried to e-mail them twice to get the informaton but noone has send me a reply in over 2 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts