Gun Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking one up. Just wondering if anyone's got some first hand feedback on it or alternate suggestions so I get one step closer to that final decision.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
what is your intended purpose for it?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
ok lets see, first off - i adore benelli shot guns

but if this is a home defense type weapon or something simular - thats alot of coin for something you will dump more $ into to finish it.

pros:
ghost ring sites
picatinny rail
18.5" barrel
collapsible stock w/ pistol grip

cons:
4+1 mag cap
chrome lined barrel - pain to modify forcing cone
only 3" shells - no 3 1/2" - which means flares and bean bags are out

for $1500 i would want a LAW12 or something along that line

u can build a swat scatter gun for half of that

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
MrMcCrackin said:
ok lets see, first off - i adore benelli shot guns

but if this is a home defense type weapon or something simular - thats alot of coin for something you will dump more $ into to finish it.

pros:
ghost ring sites
picatinny rail
18.5" barrel
collapsible stock w/ pistol grip

cons:
4+1 mag cap
chrome lined barrel - pain to modify forcing cone
only 3" shells - no 3 1/2" - which means flares and bean bags are out

for $1500 i would want a LAW12 or something along that line

u can build a swat scatter gun for half of that
My best friend has one, and as much as I do love the damn thing (looks just as cool as it shoots) it does have the 4+1 round capacity issue. He ordered a tube extension over a year ago but they are so back ordered because of the US military contract... sucks.

Def other shotguns I'd buy before the M4.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Yeah for half the price you can get an HK shotty auto with teh same capacity.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MrMcCrackin said:
what is your intended purpose for it?
The inteded purpose is that I collect modern tactical firearms. Kind of a break in the norm with my group of friends who all collect WWII and older, but that's what I enjoy shooting more. I also realize that it's an expensive shotgun, but the way I see it is I should probably buy it now while I can afford it and buy the less expensive firearms when I can't afford to drop $1500 on one purchase.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have the m4 1014 limited edition with collapsible stock and love it.. It's a sweet gun you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I see that you have one from your gun pics. I've shot the regular Nova's before, and, although they shoot really nice, I don't like the look of the Nova Tacticals. Something about them I find unappealing, and I can't put my finger on it.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Shad said:
Yeah, I see that you have one from your gun pics. I've shot the regular Nova's before, and, although they shoot really nice, I don't like the look of the Nova Tacticals. Something about them I find unappealing, and I can't put my finger on it.
Def dont want a gun that you can't put your finger on (trigger).

*ducks*

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
brucelee said:
Shad said:
Def dont want a gun that you can't put your finger on (trigger).

*ducks*
I don't need fingers to shoot. I just use the Force............*waiting for lawsuit from George Lucas*

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
If someone were to look up the definition of "cheesy", mine and your picture would be there.

lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, my sense of humor has often been described as cheesy. Also in the list are infantile, socially unacceptable, rude, disgusting, and crass. Mostly I get cheesy, though. All this time, I'm resisting the urge to quote Chester the Cheeta. I think you know where I'm going with this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts