Gun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. 1st post so yea I am teh noobness :D . I used to play alot of paintball when I was younger but it was so expensive to do on a regular basis (you could blow 2k rounds in under 3 games) that I just stopped playing. Airsoft games look fun because they are very realistic, but I have never owned an airsoft gun. I'd like to just jump in and mess around a bit but I'm not really sure where to get started. Are the airsoft guns they sell at walmart and sports authority just trash? Those seemed pretty cheap but I'm not sure if they are even worth the money. Thanks for any info you provide, much appreciated.

-Boost

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Depends what your wal mart sells really. It also depends on how much dough you want to throw down. Expect to spend about 300-600 bucks on your gun, batteries, charger, 5-10 magazines, and ass load of bb’s, tac vest, (for all those mags) and the like.

There was another thread from a guy trying to sell an Airsoft gun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
what I would suggest you do is check out this website.

http://www.floridaairsoft.com/

if you live in florida like your sig says, then I would go introduce yourself there.

as for a gun. If you have access to a local dealer that rents out guns, I would rent a couple of guns first and decide which one you like the most before you buy one. cuase for the $400 that you have to put down to buy a gun you better be happy with that style. and pretty much all the guns are pretty comprable in quality so pick the one you like the most. I would suggest a Tokyo Marui or a Classic Army or a Star. although star is a bit more expensive, they have some cool perks

also make sure you get a hi cap or a box mag too when you first start out so you can have more fun than having to switch mags every 2 minutes.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
he noted "realistic" in his post, thats why i mentions so many mags. i really like playing real steel (only fill the mag with the amount of rounds the REAL gun holds). besides, after a while, you can swap mags faster then most guys can spin that little wheel on the bottom of the mag. unless of corse you go with one of the electronic feeding ones, in which case you might as well go back to playing paintball.

those guys have some sick ass play areas! i prefer the wilderness personally, but thats some really cool urban field.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
To provide a partial answer, if it's under $100, it's usually only good for hanging on the wall. ;) I'd personally recommend Classic Army (usually referred to simply as "CA"), I've personally owned around half a dozen various rifles, electric and gas, and so far, my favorite is my CA G36C, it's comfortable to hold (although I do need to get a new sling...), it's fairly accurate, it has a decent rate of fire, and I have yet to have a problem with it. (technically, it had a problem when I first opened it, but I blame that on the store I bought it from, long story)

As for online retailers, the most notable ones are Airsoft Extreme (AEX), and Redwolf Airsoft. A good place to go to read more about airsoft is www.airsoftarizona.com, just don't ask "what's the best gun" or something similar, read first. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts