Gun Forums banner

AXIOM V/S Rifle Stock

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Janq 
#1 ·
#4 ·
einzelherz said:
i'm not sure i understand what's so amazing about this other than it costs more than any firearm in my home...
E,

Did you watch the whole video to the end?

It greatly reduces felt recoil as per their other products and well known claim to fame.
This specific product is marketed toward rifles as a one piece solution which up to now they have not had or been applicable to.

Watch the whole video up to the end.

- Janq

#5 ·
Janq said:
E,

Did you watch the whole video to the end?

It greatly reduces felt recoil as per their other products and well known claim to fame.
This specific product is marketed toward rifles as a one piece solution which up to now they have not had or been applicable to.

Watch the whole video up to the end.

- Janq
i did, i get that it 'reduces recoil' but they don't bother explaining anything about it. looks to me like it just flexes although at first i thought maybe the receiver rode up the ramp on the grip/buttstock.

besides, recoil is fun!

#7 ·
That thing looks dangerous. If you watch the girl shoot in slow mo you can see the scope hits her glasses on the 1 shot; she handles the gun pretty confident so she knows what she's doing; the stock flexes enough that her normal cheek weld is to close. She need more eye relief in the scope, the guy has a good 6-7 inches of relief, I set up close to her 3-4 in of relief like most people shoot so if I don't have a lot of pressure on the pistol grip I'll get popped also. But it does look cool.

Any pistol grip stock reduces felt recoil since the grip hand acts like a shock absorber thus giving 2 points of impact. The downside is that it's a pain to work the safety, you either need to use your off hand or take you hand off the grip to work the safe.

#8 ·
einzelherz said:
i did, i get that it 'reduces recoil' but they don't bother explaining anything about it. looks to me like it just flexes although at first i thought maybe the receiver rode up the ramp on the grip/buttstock.

besides, recoil is fun!
Explanation of how exactly it works I'm sure can be had by asking the folks at Knoxx directly.
Yeah recoil is fun if you can handle it (see 14 yr. old girl) or don't need to rpeat fire quickly.

I've no clue how this works but I can see/imagine this as being useful for folks.

- Janq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.