Gun Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my stepdad gave me an old Meade 320 for xmas... We used to stargaze a bit but I know nothing about astronomy really.

Where does an astronomy n00b start out?

p.s. I am a capricorn :lol:

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Hmmmm....

What do you want to look at? Start with the moon and planets... then work your way into nebulae and such.

I'm a Gemini. Rawr

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We checked out the moon the first night - xmas eve- it was really cool. Then checked out ..um...M35? galaxy? And then the clouds rolled in and have been here since.

Is a M90 - F900 f11 scope good enough to see rings on saturn?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I was president of the HS computer club! AND was in the AV club!

Needless to say I didn't play sports or anything...

*Geeks out*

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
samit said:
You should listen to brucelee, he was the president of the astronomy club in high school.

LMAO! And I was the founder!

Yeah, you'll be able to see the rings of saturn without any issues. Its a bright planet. Might wanna get some high power eye pieces.

·
Registered
32 Posts
samit said:
You should listen to brucelee, he was the president of the astronomy club in high school.
And probably the only person who brings an entire rig to a Krispy Kreme parking lot...

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
:lol:! @ Larbax

Jamz a neighbor of mine is an astrophysics grad student who has worked on projects of late toward sending various experiments up to orbit in private/commercial efforts.
He's out of town on vacation the next two weeks (I'm keeping an eye on his place) but I'll be sure that upon his return I ask for suggestions along as much.
Another option might be to PM Mike Wevrick seeing as his wife is one as well. In fact IIRC there is a thread with him in it out of OT that made mention of sites to visit along the lines you have in mind.

Happy Holidays,

- Henry is a virgo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts