Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Im going to build one from a striped recever in 223, I just want to be able to get a C-mag for that... 100 rounds of 5.56 in that compact of a package is a hell of alot of firepower.

But those are nice.... I was thinking about a 9mm AR sometime when I get around to it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
make sure it is a virgin lower receiver to make a pistol
once its built into a rifle it has to stay that way

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Yep, that one is a prime example of one of those WTF?!? laws.... ok.. if I was going to break the law anyways... what keeps me from slaping a 11 inch upper on it? or... How would the ATF know that you had not used it as a rifle recever at one time... wtf?

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I don't understand the stock on that thing. I know the recoil tube/spring and all, but why not just slap a small ass collapsable stock onto it so you don't jab your eye out with the recoil tube?

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I would just put a short buffer tube on it, not sure why the long one comes with it.

Like this one... post ban... ugly.

brucelee said:
I don't understand the stock on that thing. I know the recoil tube/spring and all, but why not just slap a small ass collapsable stock onto it so you don't jab your eye out with the recoil tube?

Oh come on... you know better than that, dont you?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Olympic arms has one without the buffer tube sticking out the back. I just saw in American Rifleman that Kel Tec is coming out with a pistol SU 16 as well that looks uber cool.

Here are the 2 oly arms

and here is the new Kel Tec

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
hm... thats nice looking, If that had some kind of forehand I would look into it... other wise Im still into building an AR style one.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
They cost about 500. They do have a handguard available. Here is a pic of one with all theaccessories on it.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
fatcat said:
I would just put a short buffer tube on it, not sure why the long one comes with it.

Like this one... post ban... ugly.

brucelee said:

Oh come on... you know better than that, dont you?

No seriously, why? does it have to be there?

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
um... yea... its were the buffer spring is and it keeps the gun simple, Olympic arms has made one without it but I dont know how well it works. Putting s stock on it? thats makeing a Short barreled rifle... not legal even if you can use that buffer tube as a stock in the first place.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Adler said:
Olympic arms has one without the buffer tube sticking out the back. I just saw in American Rifleman that Kel Tec is coming out with a pistol SU 16 as well that looks uber cool.

Here are the 2 oly arms

and here is the new Kel Tec
So what are those single shots?

Atleast the AKS-74U doesn't have that dam recoil tube stickint out it's ass to make it look so damm ugly and stupid.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
fatcat said:
um... yea... its were the buffer spring is and it keeps the gun simple, Olympic arms has made one without it but I dont know how well it works. Putting s stock on it? thats makeing a Short barreled rifle... not legal even if you can use that buffer tube as a stock in the first place.
Yeah, I know, but it sticks out like a sore thumb,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts