Gun Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some extra mags now., 2 just ain't gonna cut it. Where is a good place to get them and what make do you reccomend?
Also has any1 tried the Black hills 77 gr loads. I want heavy ball to run through the Fulton but haven't heard much about them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Check the overall length of the 77gr. I have read that 77gr match ammo can run long and will not fit in the mags, I am not sure if Blackhill is like this

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Stick with the steal british mags, Best mags I have ever used a tad more expensive but mags are to expensive to go cheap on. I never liked steal because you can scratch your finish with them if your not carefull but these are worth it.

Im not totaly sure where to buy them but you see them at gun shows sometimes, They have a gray finish to them and they say they where made there.

I sware by these mags because I had ALOT of trouble with them in the past untill I found these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you still need to know

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-magazines-beta-s/21.htm

you want aluminum mags, teflon coating, and green followers (at a minimum)

a steel mag is durable but heavy.
magpul followers are even better than green followers.
20 rd curved mags are more reliable than 20 rd straight mags which are more reliable than 30 rd curved mags.
don't ever buy a plastic mag.

and your mag tip of the day- don't load 30 round mags with more than 28 rounds. bullet number 29 and 30 makes the magazine more prone to failure 10 fold, i've seen it many times.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Actually as far as plastic mags go I have been testing the Thermold mags and they have held up great! left one fully loaded with 30 rounds since september 2 and no cracks or anything. I have only run a few loads in them but they have not failed once even tho they have been funny loaded for a full month, the best part is there cheap as hell but still strong.

I think this topic died a long time ago, but it is a good one to bump for new people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts