Gun Forums banner

AR kaboom!

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Ducman 
#1 ·
#4 ·
its always a good idea to jam a cartridge even harder into the chamber when there is an issue.

#7 ·
Some people fucking scare me with how dumb that they can be. All I know is that he was lucky to get off that light. I had a case burst on me with my BRNO 98/22 Mauser and it does sure suck to get a face full of powder and debris. This is when I found some of my surplus Turk 8mm had cracked cases from the box. I know check them all before loading.

#8 ·
If my rifle had misfired that many times on me I'd have cleared it and pulled the bolt out to see if there was an obstruction like fatcat said. That looked more like a bad round/ cracked casing, though. Looked like he was using cheap, shitty ammo.

#11 ·
Foreward assists always make me laugh. "Hey guys, this round is obstructed and won't feed or fire. Think I should take it out?" "HELL NO!!! JAM THAT SUCKER IN THERE AND MAKE IT WORK!!!

#13 ·
I wouldn't say "never". While the forward assist should never be used in lieu of a remedial action drill, you should always give it one good 'tap' after preforming a brass check. About 90% of the time, at least with the ARs I've fired, the bolt will not fully re-seat after a brass check.

#15 ·
OD Moose said:
I wouldn't say "never". While the forward assist should never be used in lieu of a remedial action drill, you should always give it one good 'tap' after preforming a brass check. About 90% of the time, at least with the ARs I've fired, the bolt will not fully re-seat after a brass check.
why brass check? leave the bolt open or let it fly on a round.

i've never had a situation that would require me to check to see if there's a round loaded. if the gun needs a round close the bolt. if it doesn't, pull the crappy charging handle and lock it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.