Gun Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking it would be fun to get into, but haven't really heard anything about it in my area. I'll be moving to the wilmington/jacksoville NC area in a few months and figure there is more up there.

Anyone here participate? Any good online resources to find out about matches and what not? Rifle recommendations? Fulton armory and RRA both advertise their NM AR's as sub 1" MOA guns for just over a grand. Any other good options?

·
Registered
724 Posts
http://www.nationalmatch.us/

This should help you out.

Just about everyone makes match guns, the main thing will be sights. No scopes in the service rifle classes so you'll need a good set of apperature sights and a good reloading set up if you want to be cmpetitive, if your just in it for fun anything will work.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that will be my excuse to finally get into reloading(been wanting to anyway). Is that because the rifles are chambered in 5.56 and the commercial match ammo you'd buy is in 223?

NM would just be a hobby for me, but I did used to shoot riflery competitively. Just small bore and air rifles. So I'd like to try to be as competitive as possible, at least at a local level.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Match rifles are .223 chamber, there are many many different 223 chambers for match that are all a little different.

The advantage of handloading is load building specifically for your gun, some loads shoot better than other from 1 gun to the next and for longer ranges you can hand load heavier more aero dynamic bullets that you can't buy factory loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts