1 TM MP-5 RAS

8 standard mags

2 8.4 1100 batteries.

1 Mk23 Socom w/supressor

1 mag

2 cans gas

1 mag loader

1 pistol mag loader

10 packs BB's of various types and colors.

Is there anything else I need to add?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its not somthing you should but you could. For the m4, you can get a intellect 9.6 1400 at airsoft extreme for about 30 bucks. Also your son is very very lucky. I'm 16 and i pay for it all myself, he should worship you. 1 more thing. its usually good to use .2's for all airsoft guns. Enless you get a spring upgrade, .2 bbs have the right weight and ballance, especially since tms only shoot around 280, which is good with .2's

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
NotOne said:
Its not somthing you should but you could. For the m4, you can get a intellect 9.6 1400 at airsoft extreme for about 30 bucks. Also your son is very very lucky. I'm 16 and i pay for it all myself, he should worship you. 1 more thing. its usually good to use .2's for all airsoft guns. Enless you get a spring upgrade, .2 bbs have the right weight and ballance, especially since tms only shoot around 280, which is good with .2's
9.6's won't physically fit in an M4-S System. The 8.4 1400 Nimh fit fine and work well from Intellect. See why here: http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=29

Make sure you have a battery charger for Nimh batteries too. With Nimh batteries you do NOT need a discharger. AEX/Most airsoft shops sell a pretty overpriced, not very functional chargers. For $50 I got the Duratrax Piranha http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLD5&P=ML. It charges extremely fast.

Another option for Standard magazines would be the MAG 100round midcaps. They come in packs of 8-10 depending on AEG. G&P also makes some, but they usually have weak springs and do not feed all bb's.

Which MK23 are you looking at? TM or KSC? If your buying a KSC and a supressor seperately, Make sure you get the 16mm KSC MK23 suppressor. There are suppressors labeled MK23 or SOCOM style, but have the standard 14mm threading.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
And by the way, I'd say skip the "10 packs of BB's of various types and colors", and just stick with one brand and type... For example, Excel .20's. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
BE VERY CAREFUL on getting third party bbs. bbs from target, walmart, BIG 5, and various places like that often sell low quality bbs that will break in your gun, and destroy the internals. Sometimes they even jam and mess with your gears. I would really only buy bbs from airsoft shops, but thats just me. Airsoft guns are expensive enough, i dont want to have to pay for more repairs then i have to.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got the .2 bb part, it said that everywhere lol

Do all same weight bb's shoot pretty much the same? I was thinking diff brands cuz I figure like real steel they can shoot diff.

MK23 is KSC and it comes with sup.

Duratex Piranha Charger. Got it.

Another question, how long does a battery last? does 1 last a whole game?

Thanks again for all the info, real steel is much easier lol

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
NotOne said:
. Also your son is very very lucky. I'm 16 and i pay for it all myself, he should worship you.
I don't mind paying for the stuff, it keeps him out of trouble and he gets familiar with yhe handling of firearms. I had my own rifles and shotgun when I was 8, I would like to get him real steel but since he's behind the Iron Curtain and I live 3000 miles away it's tuff to do legally. So I'll gladly pay the bill on airsoft. Him and his buddies are already sceeming to come here on Xmas break to play airsoft in the snow on at my cabin in the mountains. They'll be terrorizing every animal within 5 miles lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jeremy said:

Do all same weight bb's shoot pretty much the same? I was thinking diff brands cuz I figure like real steel they can shoot diff.

Some people say bbs shoot different, i really dont think so. I just by the cheapest i can thats good quality.
with the battery, it really depends on how much u fire, and how powerful you gun is. Since your using a stock TM spring, it acually does not take up much energy at all. For me, a 1400 does fine for a 3hr game. But when i first started playing, i was super trigger happy, so the energy died faster. So it depends on how much u fire, and how long the game is.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Jeremy said:

there's a def quality issue among bbs. excel, marui, ksc, tsunami are all good. I think there was a post here of wht peopel prefer. You don't have to go through the bags and inspect them.

battery is dependent on how much they fire. the Intellect batery packs are affordable and small enough to carry a few if needed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yea i tried cybergun bbs in my gun they were so bad i auctually have to seperate the bad one but there 20's and i live nowhere near an airsoft shop or well 2 hours for bbs

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok, so he got all this shit which he loves, thank you all for the help.

Now he's talking bout a DMM/sniper rifle. So i need more help lol.

He likes bolt guns and m14/m1a's
so is there a M14/m1a sniper on the market or an upgrade kit for them that can make it 1?

What's a good bolt gun to get? ORCA, I see you have the 700 AICS what is your opinion on it?

Where can i get an obnoxiously big scope for it lol

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Hehe CDNNinvestments.com for the obnoxiously BIG /cheap scope

I personally love my M700's, The are bolt action/ gas powered and shoot around the 600fps mark with .20 bb's stright outta the box. The AICS has a power dial system so you can dial down the power too. Nice for games with certain FPS limits. AICS also has the larger capcity magazine, 29 round, as opposed to the 10rounder of the regular Tanaka M700. But being gas powered, outside temperature effect fps. Also keep in mind, any new models of overpowered guns (Like the Tanaka M700 series) have been tuned down due to a new FPS law in Japan.

Before I added the EBR kit to my TM M14, I first modified as the M21 Sniper Variant:

Pretty easy build, Just added the following bolt-ons to a TM M14:

• King Arms Scope Mount
  • Guarder Cheek Rest
  • Dummy 7.62 rounds
  • King Arms Offset Cantilever Mount
  • USGI M14 Sling
  • Harris 2a Bipod Adapter
  • Classic Army Bipod (Harris Replica)
  • ZOS 1.5-6x42 Zip Focus, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle Scope

So really up to your son. If he's all AEG'd out then the M700 would be a good next gun.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Is there any way to get the m14 up near the 600fps the AICS shoots?

ad thanks for the Scope link. Little man and his buddy came in after our hunt ing iowa to go through my gadgets and gizmo's, they had a field day but i had to draw the line when he wanted to put1000$ glass on an airsoft gun lol you just don't need 16x on an airsoft gun,http://www.opticsplanet.net/atn-corp-16x65z-ts.html and then get the response of " yeah, I know but it looks cool dad"

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
There's no reliable way to get an electric gun up to 600fps. 450 and maybe 500 fps is no problem with the proper related components (i.e. gearset, pistons, bushings, bearings)

Now i've seen some peeps claim they've done an AEG upgrade that high, just never actually seen it with my own eyes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recommend to beginners to get an m4 as your primary and a glock as a secondary, these aren’t exciting guns but are great for beginners because of their simplicity or if you don’t want to buy you can always rent guns.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts