1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
It kinda looks like the Prime LR 300 or the G&G GR 300. Both the same gun. This just looks like it has different color body and its plastic.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You confuse me Orca. ;)

In my opinion, it's one of those guns that's ugly, yet good looking at the same time... But I'm not gonna hold my breath. Let me know if they release it this year. :|

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah 1978 vintage gun designs... You either love them or not. The era where every arms mfg was trying to integrate "plastic" body parts.

When Star posts on their site it usually releases somewhere at sometime. At this time they have delivered all the AEG's they have listed on their website. Some have been Japan only releases.

VFC/GBtech have the deal where they show of their 1 off prototypes and everyone assumes those willl be production. Even when VFC announces a production gun they are usually 4-6 months behind schedule if they come out at all.

The exciting part of a production FN FNC or FN FAL AEG is a FN SCAR would be the next variant. (And possibly your F2000). When Star released the L85 they shortly after release 4 dif variants. Their new G36 line has also has 5 variants.

As far as Star goes as a mfg, I haven't heard too many negative things. (i.e. the entire line does not have a specific flaw) and the L85 series is extrememly impressive for the amount of metal and weight of the stock AEG.. They are almost too heavy. I haven't seen any come back to AEX, but they only pulled in a small number.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woah had to change the title around to accomodate some other new news.

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php said:
Japanese store E-na has listed two very interesting products under name KING ARMS FAL CONVERSION KIT and KING ARMS FAL TACTICAL CARBINE CONVERSION KIT. Nothing on King Arms' homepage indicates arrival of FAL conversion kits, but it wouldn't be the first time for Japanese customers to receive early warning on new product.

What is known at this time? We are talking AEG here, seems to be based of SIG552. Metal body, very rigid. Semi, full, safe function (not replica of L1A1!). Can store 8,4V battery in stock.

Currently in prototype phase. 83,000 Yen ( $711.00 USD). Anxiously waiting for confirmation from King Arms.

So nice part is the conversion kit gets you past the infamous Sig552 mini batery only prob.

Links to origianl Japanese info here:

http://www.e-na.co.jp/prdlist/prdlist.asp?keyword=king+arms+fal&dept_id=00000000000000&s_key=

Looks like King Arms is following in Star's Japan only initial release.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post by Scirion got lost during the upgrade. He asked if there was any more info on King Arms FAL.

I've test 5 different KA FAL's now. They all exhibit the same inconsistent FPS probs which is indicative of some quality issues in the gearbox itself. The AEG as a whole is light for its' size, which is even a little more puzzling since it's a full metal reciever. Now we haven't seen any come back, but the few that have been sold are more for the collector types. It's a bit too long to effectively skirmish and doesn't range or accuracy of a TM M14.

I'd sugget you should wait for the release of the CA SA58 series:

This is a replica of DSA's FAL line and CA already has a bunch of add-on adn upgrade parts ready to release wth the AEG.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Ah damn... Was really looking forward to buying an L85, but this might be the one to sway me away.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I know, it makes me wet every time I hold one... Crazy to think that it's a friggin airsoft gun! :eek:

Isn't the G&G like $700 cheaper too? lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts