Gun Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked one of these up at Big5 while getting my M91/30. They were on sale for $99.99 down from $129.99. It's a metal framed, pretty accurate MP5 variant. It's an AEG and came with a Ni-Cad battery, charger, a sling that's way too short and a 110 shot magazine that looks two short MP5 magazines clipped togeather. It has some kind of rotary system inside the magazine to move the shots (you dump 'em in the "fake" magazine side and they move across essentially).

Otherwise it's a real good copy of an MP5. Has a real moving METAL charging handle and is made of a good amount of metal. The plastic furniture is tan, close to a FDE look.

My question for Orca, the God of airsoft is, is there a "standard" style magazine I can use with this AEG? I have to imagine it's a copy of another MP5, or a rebadged one. The manual shows it with a standard magazine as well as the "hi-cap", it also shows it as having a removable flash hider but I can't figure out how to get the lever to work.

Seems like a pretty nice AEG for the money.

Vostok 7

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Hey bud,

No sorry, when it comes to chinese copies of airsoft or sub $100.00 guns, I'd be the last person to ask.

www.airsoftretreat.com is chock full of that type of info though.

I Googled some other results here:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=60526&hl=aftermath

http://www.aftermathairsoft.com/

Seems to be a Gamo private label.
http://www.gamousa.com/Catalog.aspx?Product=204

Looks to be a body copy of the Tokyo Marui MP5-J.

As far as compatibility in magazines I have no clue. If it a rebranded/colored CYMA MPEG AEG (Just an educated guess on the only MP5-J clone I've seen to date. The reaer stock being the biggest clue):

http://www.pointact.com/prod_CM027J_198_29.html

then it's possbile it can take Tokyo Marui Mp5/Mp5k magazines. If that proves to be true there's a bunch of 3rd party Mp5/Mp5k magazines made for Tokyo Marui's that you could possibly use.

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ORCA said:
As far as compatibility in magazines I have no clue. If it a rebranded/colored CYMA MPEG AEG (Just an educated guess on the only MP5-J clone I've seen to date. The reaer stock being the biggest clue):

http://www.pointact.com/prod_CM027J_198_29.html

then it's possbile it can take Tokyo Marui Mp5/Mp5k magazines. If that proves to be true there's a bunch of 3rd party Mp5/Mp5k magazines made for Tokyo Marui's that you could possibly use.
That's the exact one it is, just with tan/FDE furniture.

So it will use TM mags? What about silencers?

Vostok 7

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I don't know. I will prolly never own 1 of these and AEX will prolly never carry these to give you an answer.

The best way to find out is for you to buy some. or see if you can google answers. Also you see that www.pointact.com link? If YOU can verify the gun you have is the same as the CYMA027J then if you fin d the section for magazines there's a crapload of cheap ones there.

Silencers... Standard on Tokyo Marui, CA, G&G, G&P, King Arms, Star is a 14mm negative thread. If your gun has one of these then you can probably use a 14mm - thread silencer. Your gun looks to have an Mp5K style 3 lug adapter under the orange Flash Suppressor. you could possibly use a silencer that works on that too, but again I refer to my first paragraph.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Dude Vostok, why not man up and buy a REAL airsoft gun instead of having to question it... lol... Sorry... Something something China & guns (be it airsoft or real steel) just makes me laugh... Don't let your kids near it! A spring might get their eye! ;)

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: Update: The gearbox quit. :lol:

Vostok 7

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I know.. this is going to sound strange coming from me...

You see that hex screw on the bottom of the pistol grip? Slowly turn it one way and if that does not work try the other way and pull the trigger.

Dont ask how I know, I know nothing about airsoft. ;)

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ORCA said:
Well sorry to hear. Even though we can't help fix it, it's still a shame. Hope it didn't give you a negative feeling regarding airsoft.
No no I totally understand. It was a cheap AEG and you get what you pay for eh? I really just want to crack it open and see how it ticks anyway, if I can find where the wifey put it.

Fatcat, I'll give that a try.

Vostok 7

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Can't say we didn't say "I told you so", but that was a damn good price and you took the risk, live and learn.

The real stuff is great... I've had my AK for a couple years now, upgraded to shoot 400fps, upgraded battery, and some other little bits... Never has it failed me... Ive shot sooooooo many round through it I can't even count... I buy bags of 3700bbs, and I have EASILY gone through like 50 of them.

Great thing about buying from a good reputable vendor such as AEX is that they stand by their products... If your shit breaks they fix it for you for free (unless it was your fault, like dropping the weapon and bending a part, etc)... They are the ONLY place I go for my airsoft needs. Ive been out of the airsoft world for a little while now, which is unfortunate but time constraints and marriage tend to do that to a guy, but I'll be back at it soon enough. I want to do a wood kit to my AK and metal frame, but its $$$$... So I've been waiting for someone to come around and make less expensive parts.

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brucelee said:
but time constraints and marriage tend to do that to a guy
:lol: Ain't that the truth. Just wait until it's a baby :lol: :lol:

I'd love to get more into airsoft but the real steel is my focus for now save for a few cheap plinkers just so I can shoot friends that come over :lol: I got the perfect place for it though, we have 80 acres up here. Most of it is open field but there's some nice little forested areas, and if that's not enough it's only a 5-10 minute drive to get to some real backwoods forest where there's NO one around. It's great :D

Vostok 7

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts