Gun Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
only thing keeping me from buying one of those is the fact some are really picky on ammo. My luck I would get the lemon.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Just run quality HV ammo through it for the first couple hundred rounds then you can run cheap HV ammo through it with no problem.

Mine;s starting to hang up a bit though, might be about time to actually clean it one of these days. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just found this pic.. thought it would particularly interest brucelee..

just the stock case, but it's nicely die-cut and there's even a section to pop out if i upgrade to the 5" barrel and one that pops out if i put a laser or flashlight onto it..

and yeah, if you run high velocity ammo through it, you'll pretty much have zero problems. a box of 550 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet hi-vel .22lr is like $10 at walmart.. it's not like it takes some kind of uberammo...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is the classic "my gun along with all the crap i carry in my pockets" picture even though i don't carry the gun anywhere with me :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
random story..

i actually managed to get a knife onto an airplane post 9-11.

i didn't do it intentionally. a couple years prior my brother had given me one of those "swiss army credit cards" for my birthday

and i kept it in my wallet.. flying from Boston to Miami, i walked through the metal detector, set it off, emptied my pockets into a tray, walked back through and they handed me the tray on the other side. didn't run the tray through the x-ray machine.. i didn't even realize what i had done until the trip home from Miami to Boston.. that time they sent the tray through and i got a LOT of attention VERY quickly. :oops:

i let them keep the card, inasmuch as it was breaking apart from years of riding in my wallet.. still...... kinda... um.. yeah..

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Yea... I did kind of the same thing about 6 months after 911, but silly me... I had 20 rounds of .308 in my bag I took on the plane. It passed into the Xray scan in Atlanta and then Vegas, then back! I opened my bag at home looking for something and there sat 20 rounds of 308 match grade ammo. Every other time I fly they search my bag and sniff it with the bomb sniffer thing because its my shooting range bag and has explosives on it so there sniffer goes nuts.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
paprika sounds more fun :twisted:

Im thinking about one of those p22's just that every time I get enough in my "New gun account" I see something else I have to have, or else my "New gun account" turns into my "ammo account" or God... forgive me... gas money.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I know.... 22's are one of the best out there, fairly powerfull and cheap yet dont need ear muffs with them. Just that All the .22s I have hold more than 10 rounds.... come to think of it... I dont own a rifle that holds under 10 rounds.... most are 15, 20, 30, 40, and 75 rounders. I will buy one if I find a place to buy high cap mags, or il just make some in the machine shop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you'll need hearing protection with the P22. it sounds like a much bigger gun than it is..

edit: and if you wind up fabricating hi-cap mags, get in touch with me.. i'd love one or two..

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Alright, the 10 round mags I converted to 16 rounds for my marlin 795 worked great... untill the gun turned into a jam-o-matic I think the bolt has to much friction and its just a wimmpy extracter because someone else I know sold theres to because of that. I have two Ruger 10/22's so I never use that, Just have to send it back....again... and then sell it with the repair ticket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts