Gun Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been a member here for a while now, but never post. I am just now getting into a part of my life which allows me to slow down a bit and take the time I need to become familiar and comfortable with guns. My brother-in-law is a cop and has a G27 for a back-up. I shot it a few times and it felt like it was made for my hand. I mentioned interest in getting one and he told me he wanted to move to a 45 and was willing to offer me the 27 at a reasonable price.

I haven't read a tremendous amount of threads here yet, but from what I have read, I don't really see any mention of the G27. I've seen just about every other Glock mentioned and praised, but was wondering if there is a reason why the 27 is not.

Thanks in advance
---Mike

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Hey Mike,

I, as well as BrokenArrow (not to mention a bunch of others) both have G27's... The G27 is a nice pistol for what it is, very adaptable and very deadly as it packs a very strong punch... You can change barrels and make it shoot 357SIG, and you can even use a G23 barrel to extend it a bit out of the slide (which looks really cool too! :D )... The pinky extenders for the magazines are a must for this pistol, especially if you have hands larger than a 9 year old girl... ;)

I'm not SUPER accurate with it due to it's size and my large hands, but it is a damn good carry pistol and does what it does every time you pull the trigger. The thing may look small, but it BARKS. I love having the G27 (mine has night sights), def a fun pistol to shoot.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
I prefer the big 40 cal, the 10mm. Nothing wrong with the gun you mentioned nor the 40 S&W cartridge it fires.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. How much do you think is a reasonable buying price? He's never used it for duty, and took it to the range a handful of times. He said there's less than 1000 rounds through it.

---Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I have seen mention of generations with Glocks. Have there been changes to the 27 over time that I should be aware of?

---Mike

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Here is your guide to the generations

1st generation smooth grip no finger grooves no rails
2nd generation textured grip no finger grooves no rails
3rd generation textured grip finger grooves accessory rails

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
The baby glocks dont have accessory rails though...

Also, I paid $429 for mine used, it was CLEAN, almost looked brand new.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I currently have a Gen III Glock 23 chambered for .40 and like it pretty well for its use as a concealed carry gun, I previously had a Gen II Glock 23 and liked it for the purpose as well. I for one am not a huge fan of the baby Glock in .40, for me it's a little slow in getting everything reset for follow up shots, nothing against the gun though, that's all operator.

I have to concur with bruce on the price points too. I was just in a local shop here looking at some 1911's and took a look at some of the used Glocks and they all seemed to be in the $400-$450 range.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
mwink822 said:
I currently have a Gen III Glock 23 chambered for .40 and like it pretty well for its use as a concealed carry gun, I previously had a Gen II Glock 23 and liked it for the purpose as well. I for one am not a huge fan of the baby Glock in .40, for me it's a little slow in getting everything reset for follow up shots, nothing against the gun though, that's all operator.

I have to concur with bruce on the price points too. I was just in a local shop here looking at some 1911's and took a look at some of the used Glocks and they all seemed to be in the $400-$450 range.

That's why they call it a "belly gun", no need to aim, just press up against belly, fire, repeat. :D

40 is far more devastating than 9mm.

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Adler said:
I prefer the big 40 cal, the 10mm. Nothing wrong with the gun you mentioned nor the 40 S&W cartridge it fires.
+2 I just prefer the 10mm round. You have to choose what works for you. If the 27 works for you then that is all that should matter.

brucelee said:
The baby glocks dont have accessory rails though...

Also, I paid $429 for mine used, it was CLEAN, almost looked brand new.
Mine does.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
KingPerformance said:
+2 I just prefer the 10mm round. You have to choose what works for you. If the 27 works for you then that is all that should matter.

Mine does.

Damn, I always thought the baby glocks were devoid of the rails...

·
Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com
1,809 Posts
The Glock 27 is one of my favorite deep concealment pistols. 9+1 or .40 cal ammo isn't bad to start with and it withstands limited maintenances quite well. I found that the +2 Glock mag extensions work well as a finger rest and gives you 1 more round in the mag for a total of 10 + 1. I like to use the 135 gr. CorBon, Buffalo Bore, or DoubleTap ammo in .40 cal. Awesome velocity in the short barrel. But, switching to a .357 SIG barrel makes the G27 even better (in my opinion). It's more accurate (using a Bar-Sto or Lone Wolf barrel) than the .40 cal.

It does take more practice to get tighter groups, but in the end, it is worth it.

·
Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com
1,809 Posts
brucelee said:
Damn, I always thought the baby glocks were devoid of the rails...
The newer G29 (10mm) and G30 (.45 ACP) do have rails, but the 26, 27, and 33 do not, so far. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts