Gun Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chk out this 30mm cannon video:

http://www.combatreform.com/224apache30mmkills.mpa

""To show a little of the lethal firepower possible today, we have this video gun camera footage from Iraq of a 224th Attack Aviation Battalion AH-64 Apache lighting up some Iraqi terrorists in soft-skin wheeled trucks using the M230 30mm autocannon. The point is, watch what these large, exploding bullets do to human bodies and thin-skinned trucks. THIS IS WHY THE MINIMUM TRANSPORTATION STANDARD ON THE BATTLEFIELD MUST BE A LIGHT TRACKED ARMORED FIGHTING VEHICLE NOT A WHEELED TRUCK.""

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I love that video, I've been searching for it for a while, thanks for posting it.

Those are 20mm rounds being fired. I have one on my desk... I can only imagne what they do to human flesh. :shock:

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Hmmm, I could have sworn that the apache gunship had a 20mm cannon that it fired, I thought the 30mm stuff was only anti-aircraft type artilary.

I know the coast guard heli's shoot 20mm rounds onto ships and such, and I heard somewhere that its the same cannon as the apache gunship has.

Anyone in the military that can help?

Needless to say, 20mm is HUGE, about 3 times the size of a .50BMG round... I don't even want to know what a 30mm exploding round will do to a human.

I saw a video of an Israeli gun ship take out some palistinian spiritual leader a couple years ago, they were armed with the 20mm cannon (or perhaps it was the 30mm), instead of shooting him with that, and keep in mind he was blind and in a wheel chair making him a very easy target, they instead shot his ass with a MISSILE! They just straight up missiled his ass. Killed him, and every single one of his body guards in the wake. The footage showed where they were, it seriously looked like human patte smeared all over the sidewalk.

The Israelis dont mess around.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
This is a .50BMG and a 20mm with my USP compact.

And this picture shows a 30MM projectile JUST THE PROJECTILE, next to the 20mm and 50 cal BMG. My computer room walls are a solid mat of crap I have collected from every were.

The largist shell I have in my massave colection is.....

105mm next to a table spoon....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts