Gun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr. Ken Lunde of SigForum.com said:
First, at the Beretta LE booth there was the first Rx4 Storm shown, in two configurations. One is the usual pistol-grip style. The other has a different type of stock, which makes it California-legal. It also accepts AR-15 magazines....The suggested retail price of the Rx4 is $960. Also, its Picatinny rail is metal (aluminum or steel, not sure which), not polymer like the Kel-Tec offering.

Source:
http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/800105194/p/1

- Janq

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I wouldn't spend $1,000 on that! I could just get 2 SU16s! Or I could save a little more and get an M1A.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Janq said:
Instead of 'Rx4' they should have named it 'Sex':

- Janq
Finally, a pic of a woman holding a firearm where the woman doesn't look like she got hit in the head with a shovel. Now if only she had good trigger discipline to go with the rest of it. Can't win them all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dig the one in the first pic. I'm a big fan of carbines that don't have grips.

·
Registered
75 Posts
After cruising through the Beretta forums it sounds like this rifle won't be available to LEO until mid to late 2007. Civilian sales, if they happen at all, would be after that.

:cry:

·
Registered
724 Posts
It looks cool but from some of the pics the barrel looks raelly thin and the sight radius is very short. So it will heat up fast and for any accuracy you need to scope it cuz the open sights won't cut it.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeremy said:
It looks cool but from some of the pics the barrel looks raelly thin and the sight radius is very short. So it will heat up fast and for any accuracy you need to scope it cuz the open sights won't cut it.
Yeah and there probably won't be a heavy barrel option but keepin mind it's not a combat rifle.
It's a civilian use and paramilitary/squad car rifle that won't be seeing hundreds of rounds fired in sucession per usage.
As for it's sight radius it looks to be 16" or so which will be fine for it's intended use but fubar for hunting, which is what it's basis the R1 covers.

- Janq

·
Registered
724 Posts
Janq said:
Jeremy said:
Yeah and there probably won't be a heavy barrel option but keepin mind it's not a combat rifle.
It's a civilian use and paramilitary/squad car rifle that won't be seeing hundreds of rounds fired in sucession per usage.
As for it's sight radius it looks to be 16" or so which will be fine for it's intended use but fubar for hunting, which is what it's basis the R1 covers.

- Janq
Thats the point it's a civy gun. you can't go out and go through a full clip rapid fire with out the barrel heating up to the point where for all intent and poupose it turns into a .223 caliber shotgun. The barrel is just to thin and whippy and the "barrel nut" looking thng pretty much blows any free floating idea to hell. I'm just basing this opinion off of looks it could be a good gun it just doesn't look like it from the pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Shad said:
Janq said:
Instead of 'Rx4' they should have named it 'Sex':

- Janq
Finally, a pic of a woman holding a firearm where the woman doesn't look like she got hit in the head with a shovel. Now if only she had good trigger discipline to go with the rest of it. Can't win them all.
OMG kay so I was just browsing and you know what the first thing I noticed about this pic?

THE TRIGGER FINGER!!!

Wow that was wierd. What are the chances that somone else would make a comment about it too. I thought I was just kinda odd that I noticed that, but apparently I am not the only one.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Shad said:
Woah. Missed this one. /\/\/\ So true! :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts