Command Arms Accessories (CAA) 'UFH'
Close

Command Arms Accessories (CAA) 'UFH'

This is a discussion on Command Arms Accessories (CAA) 'UFH' within the Tactical Gear forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Have any of you heard of, seen or actually own/used this product? It is not carried by any of my companys clients and until an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar

Question Command Arms Accessories (CAA) 'UFH'

Have any of you heard of, seen or actually own/used this product?

It is not carried by any of my companys clients and until an hour ago I'd not heard of this unit...But it looks to be the sweet spot perfect answer for use on everything from carbine and railed handgun to shotguns with rail.

http://commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=162&cID=19

Best part it's available in four different OD tube sizes AND is available with a quick release mount base.

I ask because reviews on this product are light via the internets and I've never heard of it and Midway USA lists it as being "Discontinued by manufacturer" yet many other continue to list it as for sale except for Brownells and my own clients (!)...
    As well there is no mention made of it at ARFcom or WeaponEvolution among the other more typical GIJOE gear-tec sites.

That gives me pause, even as the unit is just $29.

- Janq

pgt
    I've got their UPG 16 and base combo on my Sig 556 DMR. LOVE IT. Made in Israel I believe.

how did you get it to fit up?
    Did you have to do any modification to the grip to mold proper to your lower?

As to the sight the real dstrong draw for me is the mutliple positioning head.
    I may give it a go and try not to be too pissed if the $30 turns out to be wasted coin.

- Janq

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    There are several threads on sig556 dot com on how to mod the grip to get it to fit.

There is also a company developing and replacement grip for the 556, can't remember which one though

Yeah I've seen those threads...but the modification rarely comes out looking good.
    The company is Stark (I called them in Feb.)...As well I had a 45m long f2f private conversation with Patrick Hogue, President of Hogue Grips, roughly 30 days ago about all manner of stuff including Sig 556 grips. He's working on same, right now.

- Janq

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    Wow!

I applaud u janq!

I will definately get a hogue grip for my 556!

I did see some 556 owners go the black and od route and made them look good!

I agree that the photos of the grinding, cutting and filing of the grip is less than desired!

pgt
    My main issue with fitment of an AR pattern grip to the Sig556 beyond the obvious cutting needed is that that angles are wrong. The position of the bolt in the lower is such that when you tighten it, it pulls the grip away from the trigger group.

I cut mine a bit too much but the gap is hardly noticeable. I was willing to waste the $65 total both pieces cost me to give it a shot. Good to hear that Hogue is working on something....I wish there was an option for the grip rest. My DMR looks like the 551 Sniper with it.

here's my wife shooting the DMR, prior to work:

pgt
    oh, and thanks again to mccrackin for the rail covers! :P

I'd commented same to Patrick about the grip angle and that to my personal view (just me!) the ergonomics of the AR grip are less than desireable.
    Yes a vast many _Americans_ have learned to love it by adaptation and/or having nothing else to compare against being their first pistol gripped rifle...But still the ergos of the grip are not good. Again to my own view...Not representing all of the worlds view.

He nodded and commented that they have an AK style grip in development that is more straight and asked how I felt about AK/AKMs.
    I told him I could not comment to that with a degree of accuracy necessary for the subject matter because I have no functional time behind one...meaning using one under training use for an enduring amount of time. You can't comment to what you don't have first hand knowledge of.

Also I told Patrick about Stark Enterprises, the grip company.
    He had never heard of them. I told him he should look into them as they have some nice looking kit that is ergonomics oriented and they are relatively new to the market. Based out of CT where as Hogue is headquartered in Paso Robles, CA per his business card with production being in CA and MX per his conversation with me.

We then moved on to other stuff and talk of my business.
    If I learn more I'll remember to bump this thread and report it.

PGT why is your wifes middle finger extended as her index finger is curled at the trigger?
    Also how accurate have you found your DMR to be out to 100 and 200 yds? I assume your indoor range is just 50 yds. to the backstop.

- Janq
    Last edited by Janq; 04-09-2010 at 09:25 PM.

pgt
    that's her other arm...not her middle finger. I think the same thing every time I see it. Accuracy is great....need to get the optics dialed in though. The mount keeps loosening up....need to put a wrench on it now that I've got a 5.11 case where I don't have to pop it off (like the Sig hard case).

The one day at the range with the CAA AR grip and I had quick hand fatigue. I need to swap out the panels to make it thinner I think. If it's still there, I'll go back to the stock grip, as plain as it is.

There's a German company that makes a nice wood grip with palm rest for the Sig 551. They say it won't fit the 556 but COGunSales says all 55x series grips are interchangeable. At $275, I'm not willing to risk it. If it was 95% of the way there, I'd be willing to do a little work but that's mad scrilla for what it is.

We joined at Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn. A new training facility that's A++++. $45/mo for unlimited range time for us as a couple. A steal.... But, only a 25yd, a 50yd and a scenario room. There is the Isaac Walton League outside of town...they have a 100yd but you have to be a member. I've been told there's a 400yd outdoor range up in WV somewhere near Summit Point. I think I'll skip Isaac Walton and keep SEG for regular duty (every other Sunday morning we go) and try to make it up to WV now that the weather is clearing up.
    Last edited by pgt; 04-09-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads