Oakley Assault Boots
Close

Oakley Assault Boots

This is a discussion on Oakley Assault Boots within the Tactical Gear forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I just bought a pair. They are well fitting, more like a running shoe, and are relatively light. I'll be deploying in a month, so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oakley Assault Boots

I just bought a pair. They are well fitting, more like a running shoe, and are relatively light. I'll be deploying in a month, so I'll have an opportunity to evaluate them thoroughly.

Will update when possible!

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    Subscribed...

- Janq

Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about guns. Gun-Nut's Avatar
    I don't know if they changed anthing in the past year or two on these, but with hard use, the Oakley emblem comes off easy and for some users the sole was seperating.

I wish I had a link or pics but this is from first hand observation of guys in my former unit.

Hopefully they made some changes and yours hold up good. I've wanted a pair, but held off for the reasons above.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Totally forgot I started this thread...

Anyways, I've been wearing the boots for a few months now, and even though I've been pog'ing it up, they're awesome for everyday wear/ running/ slogging through mud. The Oakleys get my seal of approval! =)

The other pair I brought with me are some Danner Rugged All Terrain boots that were issued. They're awesome boots as well, only reason I don't wear them is the waterproof-ness and lack of vents makes your feet sweat like none other, even when it's 30 degrees out.

PS: I noticed you mentioned an Oakley emblem that tends to fall off. I've seen which ones you're talking about before, but the ones I have have a stamped "O" in the leather. No plastic emblem. (Thumbs up)
    Last edited by OD Moose; 02-10-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    Yeah, seems like periodically the Si footwear get's a redesign. My latest Si Assualt Shoes have no O emblem or Si triangle and a different sole pattern. The Si triangle was included seperatly as a diecast emblem with double back tape.

The 3 pairs of Si, Assault Boots I have are all slightly different in build from being purchased at different times:

Left - Mesh and Suede, Right - Leather and Suede

Full Leather upper in Night Camo

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    Which ones do you like the most, Orca?

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    The 6" tan mesh/suede ones for me here in Socal work the best. The all leather ones tend to get a bit hot. Although these don't get as tested as Moose's boots do.

I wear the Oakley Si Assault shoes as my daily work shoes. They'l llast up to 8-10 months of daily wera before they need replacement. But I'm mostly a desk jockey now.

Neither here, nor there, but not everywhere.
    8-10 months before replacement? The only pair of shoes I own is a 3+ year old pair of Magnum boots that I wear for EVERYTHING. Work, airsoft, biking, hiking...

Yeah 8-10 months doesn't sound that hot. I can understand replacing running shoes that frequently (if not more often), but boots ought to last a good long while.

I like Redwing pull-on style boots for work boots / shitkickers. For hiking and 'tactical' stuff I'm a big fan of Garmont. Garmonts are the only sneaker style boot that I've bothered to get re-soled because the shank and upper were still going strong after I wore through the original vibram sole, and that was at 2 years old.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    I still stand by my Danner Fort Lewis boots as the be all end all boot. I've had these for about 8 or 9 years and they're still going strong. Granted, I'm not using them in a military/LE context, but they are still used hard for hiking, airsoft, general wear, etc. I will agree with the above comment though, they can get rather warm as a result of being full leather and waterproofed with a Gore-Tex lining even without the insulation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads