Oakley Assault Boots - Page 2
Close

Oakley Assault Boots

This is a discussion on Oakley Assault Boots within the Tactical Gear forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Hmmm I guess I should restate what I meant. I retire my Oakley Si Shoes after 8-10 months. Probably due to the fact Oakley is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    Hmmm I guess I should restate what I meant. I retire my Oakley Si Shoes after 8-10 months. Probably due to the fact Oakley is 1 of my customers and it's nbd for me to get a hold of more stuff.

Here's a pic of my original Oakley Si Assualt Shoes, a pair I got in 2006 and the latest pair so you can see wear patterns. I've lost a couple of pairs to home remodel projects and a pair to the Camp Pendelton Mud Run.

By no means are the uwearable. I'm sure i could get a year more out of them. But to me they just look worn. Middle grip ridge on both older pairs are almost work flat.

These are used for my daily wear in my factory. And each pair has at least 1 trip to Japan and NYC on them (Lots of walking).

Granted I have other shoes/boots from other Oakley lines as well (Tactical 6, Basic Training, Flak and Pit Boots, etc), which serve their purpose. I also own Merrel Sawtooths, OTB's, Bellvilles, Altamas and Converse Tacticals, but I choose to wear and keep buying Oakley Si's.

Definetly can say they're comfortable out of the box. The soles have very good grip characteristics, but are a softer material and will show more wear from use on hard surfaces.

blackhawk desert ops are the boots for me.. no more foot pain..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads