Open carry options - Page 2
Close

Open carry options

This is a discussion on Open carry options within the Tactical Gear forums, part of the Gun Forums category; i understand your perspective, i do. and if you want to qualify your reasoning for doing what you are doing, you dont need to do ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    i understand your perspective, i do. and if you want to qualify your reasoning for doing what you are doing, you dont need to do it for me. by arguing the symantics of the bank hypothetical leads me to believe that you misunderstood my point. the bottom line is i feel OC has the potential to put you in bad situations. that's more then enough reason for me to never, ever do it. if thats not the case for your, more power to you. the fact of the matter is; OC is advertising. if you think that's good, bad, or acceptable, that's your prerogative. i just couldn't live with myself if i didn't give you my opinion because i think its dangerous, and the danger is only exacerbated by your perceived notion that people dont notice you are carrying.

please dont take offense, im sure this sounds much harsher then i intended it to be.

Neither here, nor there, but not everywhere.
    Oh no, I understand what you're saying, I'm just saying that I still feel safer OC'ing than not carrying at all, at the moment. As I said, I do intend to get my CCW at some point, assuming Obama doesn't outlaw everything relating to guns before I do. I'm just saying that this topic was asking for suggestions about holsters, not whether or not I should OC or not.

Really. What are you waiting for?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

What kind of hoops do you have to jump through to get a CCW in your state, Scirion?

If home-state licensing is too much red tape, maybe consider a Utah or Florida license. There's still some paperwork and a 1-day class required, but it might be a valid option. UT and FL are two of the only states that offer pistol licenses to non-residents. Sadly, it's the only option for Californians who travel to other parts of the country.

If your town is anything like mine (small) ... its actually hard for me to get my town marshall on hand to sign off on my damn papers. Plus me being an hour away from my permanent residence doesn't help either.

Whatever you use, it should have some good retention devices on it, level 2 or better, I'd say, to make it harder to be snatched, unless you have some retention training.

What kind of gun? Maybe someone has one they can let you have. I have a few really nice holsters that I just can't stand, they are so uncomfortable.
    Be cruel, make someone Think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads