LaRue Bug-Out Bag?
Close

LaRue Bug-Out Bag?

This is a discussion on LaRue Bug-Out Bag? within the Tactical Gear forums, part of the Gun Forums category; What do you guys think of this: http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=188 Originally Posted by LaRue Carry everything but the kitchen sink. When it's an emergency, you'll be ready... ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar

LaRue Bug-Out Bag?

What do you guys think of this:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=188

Quote Originally Posted by LaRue
    Carry everything but the kitchen sink. When it's an emergency, you'll be ready... All your critical gear can be kept in a small, out of the way area... Ready for go at a moments notice.

This is "rifle" version of our standard 'Bug-Out-Bag'. It has all the same features, but also includes an external bottle/misc-kit pouch, three double 30-Round AR magazine pouches; and three pistol mag pouches. All these pouches are located on the outside for easy access, secured with Velcro flaps. Theses bags are an excellent place to stash magazines, a back-up pistol, lights, first-aid kits, camp stoves, water-purification pumps, shotgun shells, a gas mask, maps, water bottles, etc. It's the perfect size to neatly stash all of your necessary bug-out gear.

Overall "packed" dimensions are: 13" across, 9" tall, and 8" wide. The inside compartment measures 10" deep, 9" across x 4.5" wide, has two end-pouches, elastic shot-shell loops on one inside wall and female Velcro on the other. The outside wall has a Velcro-closure map case. Included, is a 7" x 4" pocketed separator with Velcro end-tabs and a repositionable universal pistol holster. Grommets on the bottom of all the pouches help drain water if you've been out in the rain too long. The padded, quick-release shoulder strap is adjustable to any body size and has even more MASS racking, for knives, bandage packs, etc. A large quick-release cover-flap keeps debris out and also covers the AR magazine pouches. A small, integral carry-strap makes it handy to pull off a shelf, or carry by-hand. The entire system can be dropped in seconds by using quick-disconnect Fastex buckles.

On the back-side there are two quick-release buckled Velcro belt loops and a quick-release buckled, reversible leg-strap for stability while hustling and rolling-around. The leg strap has an elastic insert for comfort when stretching and running.

Available in Black, OD Green and Coyote Tan, with the LaRue logo embroidered on the flap. NOW IN ACU WITHOUT logo!

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    sounds cool. i would like to see a loaded up one to consider shape.

ask and you shall receive:

and

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    Yeah it's good stuff made by Hawkepaks.

http://www.hawkepaks.com/prod.itml/icOid/208

Nice bag! (says to self, stop spending money, you don't need another bag ... you aren't a woman!) I have a Swiss Mountain rainy weather rutsack that I use. It is packed in my trunk 100% of the time. I use it as a get home back rather then a BOB. I'm not big on shoulder bags for primary BOB's as you are going to want things on your back if you are walking long distances but they make a GREAT secondary quick access bag! Everything in mine is packed into a food saver bag to keep it "fresh" and not like it was sitting in a trunk for months ... years. My wife and I both have very complete GHB's (Get Home Bags) yet they are very small and compact.

If you are anywhere near where it can get cold/snowy never forget to pack WOOL! There is NO fabric BETTER then wool in a shitty situation! I have tried ALL of the synthetics, etc ... wool is STILL my favorite in the REALLY shitty weather (rain AND cold).

Wool Hat
    Wool Shirt
    Wool Blanket
    Wool Sweater
    Wool Lined pants
    Wool Socks (2+pair)
    Steelwool 000 (For fire)

Having said all of that, I still want 100% waterPROOF gloves, I use gortex hunting gloves for that ... I'm such a goober.

Pack them all in a foodsaver bag(s) and never worry about cleaning or checking on them until you have used them. When you open the FS bag the clothes will be fresh, dry, and ready to go! I keep nothing in my bag that I haven't needed in the past, or strongly believe there will be a need for if I have to walk 50 miles.

$29.88 and it is lightweight, compact, weather proof, AND cheap!
    http://west.loadup.com/military/surplus/403.html

Last edited by KingPerformance; 11-18-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    King brings up a great point about materials. wool, still to this day, retains heat better then ANY natural or synthetic material while soaking wet.

^^

true -

however - wool wont do me much good in the desert unfortunately

Neither here, nor there, but not everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin
    ^^

true -

however - wool wont do me much good in the desert unfortunately
    He speaks the truth. In any case, all I saw in that picture for the LaRue bag was the USP. *wipes drool off chin*

I still need to put together a bag with some important supplies... Procrastination will kill me, some day.

well f-it

just pulled the trigger on a Bug-Out Bag!

on this one or the G.O.Tech bag ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads