Oakley SI Boots.. Now on Sportsmansguide ;( - Page 3
Close

Oakley SI Boots.. Now on Sportsmansguide ;(

This is a discussion on Oakley SI Boots.. Now on Sportsmansguide ;( within the Tactical Gear forums, part of the Gun Forums category; See thats the problem, or rather a condition, of playing rec-ball paintball. Most paintball scenario events are same similar as well. In tournament level play ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    See thats the problem, or rather a condition, of playing rec-ball paintball.
    Most paintball scenario events are same similar as well.

In tournament level play though be it sup-air/speedball/x-ball or even in the woods there is a team and command chain dynamic not at all being random/willy nilly, if you wish to win and are playing at a level above rookie/novie (e.g. Amateur B, Amateur A, or better/pro).

During the scenario evenst I used to participate in as general and head ref at my old field I would apply same methods of play assigning a command chain along with rules for engagement, missions, specific conditional actions (shoot or observe), active & reactive command chain feedback, etc.
    Serious business....and folks had great fun coming back quarter to quarter for more, including even current and former military and police types mixed in with 12 yr. olds itchy to throw fussilades of paint.

I've never played in an Airsoft event but I have seen video of JDM tournament high level events and they do seem like fun.
    Myself I get wood from hearing the silence of nothing but chink chink chink from my markers bolt cycling and incoming rounds zipping past.
    The rush from taking some mark down or better yet 'gogging' him is friggen huge...

- Janq
    Last edited by Janq; 04-10-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    sounds like we are on the same wavelength, just different circumstances surrounding the field and players. i dont have anything against paintball as a game, or even the gear. but after playing both, i will say that i much prefer the reel steel aspect of AS. 20 rounds in your AS rifle mag if the real steel variant only holds 20 rounds. after playing like that so much i have mag changes down to a reflex action. i dont think i could ever get reloading a hopper with .67 cal PB's down to a reflex action.

/nice pic btw

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    How much did shipping cost you?
    $8.95 or so ground to Kalifornia. I orderd multiple pairs though so this is the charge I got when making a dummy order for 1 pair.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Janq

- Janq
    Looks like the JT Crossfire mask I have...

I used to play with a really good crowd of guys back in the day. A few of them were ex-military and served in the 1st Gulf War. Nothing like having a real sniper on your team!

We would meet at the local ball field and load 30+ guys up in pickups then drive out to BFE and go all day. It was mainly last man standing, or hour time limits with some capture the flag thrown in for good measure. Good times good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
    the first pump action paintball gun that does not require CA or batteries, poindexter.
    Introducing the first pump-action Paintball Gun on the market!

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    No doubt definitely on the same wavelegth.
    Just gotta find people of like mind set, who don't act & react like scaredy pant children.
    BTW at my old house I had a training range setup in my basement specifically to work on snap shooting alone...to which I got to be really good at (used to be my weak point). I've stood in front of my TV practicing reloading of hoppers from my pack into the marker literally for hours. I've got that down as well, I no longer even think about reloading as a process as its just a muscle memory relex that occurs.

Check out these videos...

Airsoft CQB tourney - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixuluqLLJY
    Airsoft CODENAME: Thunder 2 -Webisode One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3_2Jd1zXE
    Airsot practical shooting competiton (IDPA style) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwVvSDif0sc

Paintball Woods tournament - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRkoe4xu1I
    Paintball Chicago PSP tourney event (sup-air) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwS-dYz3vz4
    Paintball '06 Miami World Cup highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ht-3I7_bGY
    Paintball music video 'Push' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlJzZc9zCo

The one thing I don't understand about Airsoft tournaments is how do you keep people honest?
    The BB hits you and yeah okay you might maybe feel it under all that armor & gear but whos to say you don't play it off and play on. How does a shooter know for sure he's hitting his target and the wind isn't drifting his shots. Wind even affects the much heavier paintball.
    As with paintball I take my shot, dude gets lit up like a christmas tree, and unless he's a cheating ass that'll try to wipe it'll be obvious to me and the ref/field marshall thats he's a dead man.

- Janq

PB got gay when the electronic trigger guns started coming out...

But you are talking to a guy who used to rock a sterling pump gun to speed ball tourneys (and win).

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    All the Oakleys Assault Boots finally in today!

Night Camos took a few extra days to get here.

Adn the sales now over and all sold out.
    Last edited by ORCA; 05-26-2007 at 02:36 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads