Sako Rifle
Close

Sako Rifle

This is a discussion on Sako Rifle within the Rifles forums, part of the Gun Forums category; One of the guys at work is trying to sell me a friend of his .308 Sako bolt action hunting rifle. I haven't seen it ...

Thread: Sako Rifle

Sako Rifle

One of the guys at work is trying to sell me a friend of his .308 Sako bolt action hunting rifle. I haven't seen it yet but he says it is a really nice gun and Sako makes excellent rifles. I can't really find anything with a quick google search other than what Sako has to say about their own rifles. Anyone know anything about them?

I've heard good things, but not a whole lot of particulars. Not a statistically significant sample size, either.

Maybe poke around on SniperCentral: sako 75 85 site:snipercentral.com - Google Search

I won't get to see the rifle until mid next week, but from what he has been telling me I believe it to be a L57, or L579 Forester. Because it isn't his rifle, and the owner is too sick to answer any questions I'll have to wait to find out. I just wanted to know more about this brand and if they make a quality rifle, or if they only build junk. I'll update with pictures, model numbers, etc when I get the rifle Thursday of next week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Don't know too much but I've heard nothing but good things about their rifles.
    When in doubt, ask Adler.

I have now spent HOURS looking for information on these rifles and what I have found really doesn't clear anything up, it just makes things more complicated. They have the Hunter, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, and Safari ... awesome now what in the hell does that mean?

Picked it up today! It is a L759 Forester with what I believe is the deluxe stock. It is really a good looking gun and the action is VERY smooth. I don't think it is a 308 though ... I will know more when I have more time to play with it.

It does have a few dents in the wood that I'm going to try and get out. Any advice for steaming out dents and dings in the wood?

Cant wait to see pics... And congrats!

PS: Caliber should be easy to figure out, has to be either .22-250, .243 Win, or 308 Win. Not that I'm helping, lol

It is a .308! I put a caliper in the barrel and it came out to .30. I chambered a .308 round and let some lead fly. The only way I can describe how this gun shoots is to say it is like smearing honey on Salma Hayeks thighs. The action is smoooooooooooth. The trigger is short, crisp, and VERY light. I'm actually worried about how light it is.

I don't have pics of the gun yet, but here is a quick snap of my range target. One of these days I'm going to learn how to shoot.

I'll Get a pic of the rifle as soon as I can, I have just been too busy at home to get to it.

Remove Ads

Ads