Can someone explain bore sighting
Close

This is a discussion on Can someone explain bore sighting within the Rifles forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I know that when mounting a scope on a rifle, it's recommended you bore sight it, or align the cross hairs with the barrel, before ...

I know that when mounting a scope on a rifle, it's recommended you bore sight it, or align the cross hairs with the barrel, before attempting to sight it in.

But I don't know why, and what are the benefits. The reason why I ask this is because a few weeks back I finished my first AR build. And I'm looking into buying a scope. And I want to make sure I buy all the necessary parts to install it right.

By bore sighting you're putting the sights into an approx area so that when you do sight in the scope you're close to being on target. Ever try sighting in a scope that is like 50 feet off target? lol

At least thats the way I understood it.

Oh, here's a related topic that was inspired by this thread:

http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showt...6992#post36992

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Did you ever ended up buying a laser bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by niz 350Z
    Did you ever ended up buying a laser bullet?

I just started the thread 10 mins ago... If its as good as advertised, I'm getting one.

The thought of sighting my shit in without the use of bullets and time makes me horny.

My bad I thought it was an old thread that no one reply to!!! lol

What brucelee said. What bore sighting really does is saves you ammo. It is still possible to sight in a rifle with a scope without using a bore sighter. You may get lucky, and have your scope pretty close once it is mounted. it has happened....

If you are considering getting your own laser bore sighter, you can use it for more than just sighting in a gun. If you get the type that fits into the muzzle (as opposed to the type that load into the chamber as pictured in bruselee's thread), you can use it in your home to practice trigger pulls with handguns as well as long guns.

I have two, a traditional optical and a laser one. Both have got me within 5 inches every time. Otherwise you are blasting away much more ammo and wasting time at the range.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Remove Ads

Ads