Anyone use PMAG's?
Close

Anyone use PMAG's?

This is a discussion on Anyone use PMAG's? within the Rifles forums, part of the Gun Forums category; For the AR15/M16? Are they better than metal mags? Thanks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone use PMAG's?

For the AR15/M16? Are they better than metal mags? Thanks.

They are good, and a great buy for the cash. But with GI mags being around 12-13 bucks, I say buy whats cheap at the time. Im not sure if the P Mags have their own and out of spec followers and springs, so they may not be rebuildable like the metal mags.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar
    The newer generation of PMags work very good. Just becareful of the older ones. These older / 1st generation versions have a problem feeding when fully loaded.

I still like to use the G.I. spec mags updated with the enhanced Magpul followers and Wolff extra-power springs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

I love P-mags... I keep all of them fully loaded with the caps on all the time. Id replace everyone of the mags I own with them if they fit all my 5.56 guns.

Do the covers that come with the PMAG's do a good job of keeping dust out?

I'm getting ready to deploy and was going to buy a handful of mags. I'm a flier not a trigger puller so the mags would stay in a pouch loaded most of the time. The only time I'd ever have to use them is if we had to do an emergency landing somewhere.

I liked the idea of the PMAG's with their covers keeping sand out and the rounds in place. Would they be the best choice for something like this?

Thanks.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    What are you flying in/on?

I love my pmags, my aluminum bushmaster (pos) magazine has the feed lips already spreading after just a few months of use. I mean I dont shoot a ton, but I have shot about 1500-2000 rounds since October and I only have 6 magazines (3 pmags, 2 window'd pmags and 1 metal mag).

Plus the metal magazine has a hard time seating on a closed bolt. The pmag snaps right in with no fuss with 30 rounds and a closed bolt.

Yes the P-mag covers do have a tight fit on there, good enough to keep out sand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/PA290026.jpg

I tossed mine in the river and let them soak. Only one had trouble and that was one of the ones that had a bad body when it was in the rifle (No cover on it in the river), Magpul replaced all the bodys and now they all work well.

BYW.....almost all my metal mags are 20 round straight mags. I do have a few others like a steel brit 40 rounder that works ok.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

You have the Only 40 rounders that work, Most of the others ever made are total crap...

Too bad I dont have an AR 180, they supposedly work in those as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads