Just got back from the gun show. (AR related)
Close

This is a discussion on Just got back from the gun show. (AR related) within the Rifles forums, part of the Gun Forums category; First off I don't live in California (thank goodness). Anywho. I bought a DPMS stripped lower reciever and a DPMS parts kit. I was going ...

First off I don't live in California (thank goodness). Anywho. I bought a DPMS stripped lower reciever and a DPMS parts kit. I was going to get the complete lower but after watching the video on installing a parts kit, I decided I wanted to put it together myself. I also didn't like the plain jane adjustable stock of the complete lower. Total spent for reciever and parts kit $183. I tried to do some research on brands of recievers to get but since the selection was somewhat limited and I haven't heard anything bad about the DPMS I got it. Any opinions on DPMS? They had some superior arms recievers for less but I wasn't knowledgable on those. And they had some RRA for about $30 more than the DPMS and ive heard some RRA are tight fitting. Anywho im looking for some stocks right now. Anybody know of any online stores that trusted and sell AR accessories? Im not sure if I want adjustable or skeleton type but I do need the buffer tube and spring and everything else associated with the stocks.
    Last edited by Balbino; 11-03-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Word on the street is that Superior Arms of Wapello IA actually is a sub contractor for RRA at times. They are excellent, just not well known. I have a DPMS Varmint upper and its great, but its tighter fitting on my Stag Lower than my Colt upper is.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

DPMS>RRA

my opinion is formed solely on where the company i work for buys their parts.

and building up a lower is CAKE. the most exotic tool you need is a flathead screwdriver

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

BTW.....I like Stag the best. And all signs point to them as the maker of the S&W MP rifles. DPMS is really good stuff though.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Adler
    Word on the street is that Superior Arms of Wapello IA actually is a sub contractor for RRA at times. They are excellent, just not well known. I have a DPMS Varmint upper and its great, but its tighter fitting on my Stag Lower than my Colt upper is.

Word. I have 2 Superior Arms lowers, the finish is good and they were very easy to put together.

Quote Originally Posted by einzelherz
    DPMS>RRA

my opinion is formed solely on where the company i work for buys their parts.

and building up a lower is CAKE. the most exotic tool you need is a flathead screwdriver

I don't know about that... RRA is still pretty small and is already so back ordered on almost all of their things that a lot of companies don't buy from them because the wait to get parts is so great.

I did a lot of research before I got my uppers, and RRA had everyone beat by quite a bit in terms of quality and value as well as reputation.

Remove Ads

Ads