First Pistol Purchase - NEED ADVICE - Page 2
Close

First Pistol Purchase - NEED ADVICE

This is a discussion on First Pistol Purchase - NEED ADVICE within the Pistols forums, part of the Gun Forums category; if you are leaning towards glock you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't shoot a 19 in 9mm. i think its my ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    if you are leaning towards glock you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't shoot a 19 in 9mm. i think its my favorite glock.

Actually the 9mm can be a good round, it mainly got a bad rap due to the performance of it with traditional full metal jacket ammunition. With a good jacketed hollow point, it is a low recoil, cheap, and effective round. The JHP ammo is so much better than even 15 years ago when many LEO's started to ditch it for the 40 S&W.

I have 40 S&W and 9mm guns, and honestly with my 9mm I don't feel undergunned. The 45acp is a good stopper, but is usually about 2x more expensive, and since its a very slow moving round, it does not penetrate as well as the 40 and 9mm cal rounds out there.

As far as my experience, just get some 9mm+p loads and you will just right at a normal 40 S&W load for effectiveness. Also if capacity is a thing, you can always cram more 9mm in a grip than 45.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
    if you are leaning towards glock you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't shoot a 19 in 9mm. i think its my favorite glock.

At which point the Steyr might be better, since it was designed originally by a Glock designer as a G19 improvement.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with the 9mm round. Shot placement is the key. PERIOD.

The newer tech ammo is available in 9mm, .40, .45, etc. The older 9mm are very inferior to the newer Federal HST 124 gr. +P or the Winchester SXT 127 gr. +P loads. Some say the +P+ 115 gr. 9mm JHPs don't penatrate deep enough, but when I carried the 9mm in the past, I used the Cor-Bon 115 gr. JHP +P round. I had to use only one round to stop the threat in one of my shootings.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    my first pisol is/was my glock 23. I love shooting .40 - why? Maybe I like the recoil? I dont know...

I am looking for a .22 so I can get more accurate & if I ever get a ccw Ill probably end up with a revolver of some kind .38 or .357 since I am just too small to conceal the g23.

Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about guns. Gun-Nut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
    Agreed, As long as you don't have giant hands like Bruce (IIRC this is why Bruce didn't like the 19), the G19 is one hell of a pistol. I own many different brands and calibers, and the G19 is one of my favorites.

Keep it coming guys, loving all the information. Think I am definitely leaning towards a Glock at this point so hopefully I can get shooting sometime soon. Leaving for AZ for the weekend for a work related event so maybe next weekend.

I also recommend you get a 22lr pistol or a conversion for whatever gun you chose if one is available. Pistol shooting takes a lot of practice to master. And a 22lr will help you master your trigger pull and sight alignment without any danger of recoil flinch.

I bought myself a Beretta NEOS and love it. A hell of a lot of gun for under 300 bucks.

This is the one you are talking about here?:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/42620

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
    Nothing wrong with the 9mm round. Shot placement is the key. PERIOD.

The newer tech ammo is available in 9mm, .40, .45, etc. The older 9mm are very inferior to the newer Federal HST 124 gr. +P or the Winchester SXT 127 gr. +P loads. Some say the +P+ 115 gr. 9mm JHPs don't penatrate deep enough, but when I carried the 9mm in the past, I used the Cor-Bon 115 gr. JHP +P round. I had to use only one round to stop the threat in one of my shootings.
    THIS!

two 9mm to the heart will make anyone stop bothering you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads