Purchased a 9x25 Barrel for my GLOCK 29
Close

This is a discussion on Purchased a 9x25 Barrel for my GLOCK 29 within the Pistols forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Since I enjoy things that are just a little bit different from what everyone else is doing, I decided to pick up a 9x25 barrel ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Since I enjoy things that are just a little bit different from what everyone else is doing, I decided to pick up a 9x25 barrel for my GLOCK 29. The price was reasonable and I have been hearing rumors of the round being insane. Well, I decided to check it out for myself. I’ll let you guys know what I think on my trip to the range on Friday.

To really get the benefit of 9x25 you need to run a good comp on the gun. and you might want to start reloading

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    9x25?!

I'm familiar with 9x23 and plan to get a drop in barrel for my 9x19 1911, but 9x25?

- Janq

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    9x25?!

I'm familiar with 9x23 and plan to get a drop in barrel for my 9x19 1911, but 9x25?

- Janq

Jang, just think of it as a giant .357 SIG round. It's made from a necked down 10mm case and made to fire 9mm bullets at Major power levels.

DoubleTap 9X25 (aka 9X25 Dillon)
    115gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1800fps - 10.0" / .64" frag nasty
    125gr Gold DOt JHP @ 1725fps - 15.0" / .74"
    147gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1550fps - 17.5" / .68"

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPerformance
    Since I enjoy things that are just a little bit different from what everyone else is doing, I decided to pick up a 9x25 barrel for my GLOCK 29. The price was reasonable and I have been hearing rumors of the round being insane. Well, I decided to check it out for myself. I’ll let you guys know what I think on my trip to the range on Friday.

K.P. - did you get a heavier recoil spring? You might need it. When you fire your 9X25 conversion, look at the fire case primer, and see if the gun is unlocking early (you will see a smear mark from the firing pin).

DAYUMMM!!!! ^^

What length barrel are those figures out of...5" or is that a long slide?
    Also why not just go 9x23 and be able to locate ammo commercially (Winchester)?

- Janq

The round was designed for Open class IPSC when Major was 175. Back then, when the powder wasn't as good, it was difficult to get enough powder in a super case and not run into pressure issues, The term Super face came from case separation when running super to hard, pieces of brass would scar you face. So Dillon made a 9x25, its a violent round, and can cause problem with the wrist and tendons. But it shoots extremely flat, zero and sometimes negative muzzle rise. But the recoil has to go somewhere and it goes straight back into the shooter. The round also tears up guns

Ah...so one of those obscure wildcat type loads.
    Got ya. Thanks for the primer Duc and yeah no thanks don't want any of that.
    9x23 and 9x19 works fine enough, and safely, for me.

KP let us know how that works out.
    The velocity numbers for that are even higher than 10MM so that's got to be one hell of a round.

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
    K.P. - did you get a heavier recoil spring? You might need it. When you fire your 9X25 conversion, look at the fire case primer, and see if the gun is unlocking early (you will see a smear mark from the firing pin).
    I am currently running a wolf 21lb spring, but I will check to see if I need more.

I spoke with Mike over the phone about the round, he said the round isn't as horrid as internet rumor has made it out to be. There seems to be a LOT of misinformation about it out there. Along thoes lines the internet has made the 10mm out to be the most trying pistol round to shoot, though I have no difficulty with it. I'm certain the 9x25 will be in that same catagory. Just like in every industry, if it isn't what everyone else is using, it can't be any good.

I have 500 rounds on their way, I'll let you guys know my impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPerformance
    I am currently running a wolf 21lb spring, but I will check to see if I need more.

I spoke with Mike over the phone about the round, he said the round isn't as horrid as internet rumor has made it out to be. There seems to be a LOT of misinformation about it out there. Along thoes lines the internet has made the 10mm out to be the most trying pistol round to shoot, though I have no difficulty with it. I'm certain the 9x25 will be in that same catagory. Just like in every industry, if it isn't what everyone else is using, it can't be any good.

I have 500 rounds on their way, I'll let you guys know my impressions.

I think you will like the round. If you like a loud gun with alot of snap, which is not a bad thing. But my opinion about the round was formed from talking to the old school IPSC shooters and the issues they had, not from the internet. Its an abusive round when you shoot 30K+ rounds a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads