Gun Forums banner

Shot pulling left

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lone Gunman 
#1 ·
Hi. I joined to ask this question, although I do help to give back to the community one day. Whenever I shoot a Glock 22 or 19, my aim is spot on, groupings are tight and I hit my mark. However, those are all rented and I finally brought my own gun (a Taurus pt111 g2c) as it was cheap (college student,) fit my hand and 9mm is cheaper than .40 when you shoot as much as I do. My problem is that with this new gun, all my groupings are tight but a couple inches to the left. I know that left shots usually mean I’m not putting enough finger on the trigger (right handed,) but if I put any more finger on, my wrist will be doing the squeezing. Any ideas of what else it could be? I’m thinking the trigger break might just be too far back, but when I dry fire, my sight doesn’t move.

Thanks in advance, pharaoh

#2 ·
Sorry to have to be the first one to tell you; but, more than likely, this problem is going to be owned by you, and not have anything to do with the gun!

Your new Taurus has a 3.2 inch barrel. The Glock Model 22 has a 4.49 inch barrel; and the Model 19 has a 4.02 inch barrel. What weren't showing up as flaws in your grip and trigger technique with the longer barrels ARE showing up, now, with the shorter. It means very little, or nothing that your sights aren't moving while you're dry-firing. You're going to need more information before you're able to figure out what's going wrong. (No, I don't think that your rear sight is off. OK!)

You have said, "but when I dry fire, my sight doesn’t move". What you should have said (because it would show how you're really focusing) is, "When I dry-fire my FRONT sight doesn't move." I would suggest that you begin to solve this problem by regularly practicing several of George Harris' pistol drills. Begin with a 'Wall Drill'; and progress on to the live-fire 'One Hole Drill', and 'Bill Drill'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.