CREE - Q5 LED Tactical Light Bulb Assembly
Close

This is a discussion on CREE - Q5 LED Tactical Light Bulb Assembly within the Optics and Lights forums, part of the Gun Forums category; CREE - Q5 LED Tactical Light Replacement Bulb Assembly I kept coming across these LED Bulb assemblies on Ebay. I already own an Inova T2 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar

CREE - Q5 LED Tactical Light Replacement Bulb Assembly

I kept coming across these LED Bulb assemblies on Ebay. I already own an Inova T2 LED and Surefire G2 LED and have been more then happy with their performance.

CREE - Q5 LED Tactical Light Replacement Bulb Assembly

These assemblies go for about $20.00 shipped from Hong Kong and claim a 270 lumen output, it was an affordable experiment waiting to be paypal'd.

Received the LED assembly about 5 days after payment. The assembly comes with 2 contact springs. The large outer one may need to be removed to fit into some lights. But it's a drop in fit. This assembly fit and functioned in all my Surefire G2's and 6p's as well as my G&P Surefire clones.

So is it really 270 Lumens??? I fitted the Q5 into 1 of my Surefire G2's and plopped new CR123a's on all lights (Gah...exspensive). Lights were about 15 feet from wall.

CREE - Q5 vs. Surefire G2 LED

CREE - Q5 vs. Surefire P6 Incandescent

CREE - Q5 vs. Inova T2 LED

Definitely an affordable option for those who already own incandescent tactical lights. Lumen output is very impressive. Will report later on battery life and durability.

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar
    ORCA, does the bezel get hot? Also, if you drop it, will it hold up? If it does, I might get several.

Impressive! I bet it drains batteries like crazy, but for $20 you can afford some spares.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
    ORCA, does the bezel get hot? Also, if you drop it, will it hold up? If it does, I might get several.
    Not really since it's an LED. I have it in a Nitrolon right now, so the plastic body maybe offsetting any heat. It does throws some slight heat when on, but nothing like a Xenon bulb does. Had this sucker on constant for about 10 minutes and you can touch the pyrex lense no prob. The bezel is warm though, so on a metal bezeled light it may get hot.

I'm sacraficing a couply of 123a's for you, my fellow Gunnies. See how long constant on actually is.

EDIT- It's 1am and it's been constant on for 2 hours now. Will continue later.

1 thing I have noticed is the workmanship is rougher then the Surefire assembly, so the bezel contact isn't the best. Had a couple of times where the good ol twist for constant on tail cap, didn't seem to work. Ended up being the contact on the lamp assembly itself. But I did screw on a strobe tail cap. Extremely disorientating in strobe mode with this level of brightness.

Not doing the drop test yet my friend I need to blind a few more buddies first. So maybe end of the week
    Last edited by ORCA; 03-18-2008 at 02:08 AM.

Awsome man, we have been wondering how well these bulbs worked! Im going to pick up a few of those because those damn batterys cost a fourture. I use the crap out of them on construction sites.

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar
    ORCA, do these fit on the M3 weapons light too?

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat
    Awsome man, we have been wondering how well these bulbs worked! Im going to pick up a few of those because those damn batterys cost a fourture. I use the crap out of them on construction sites.
    Yup using mine for work too.

Quote Originally Posted by BA
    ORCA, do these fit on the M3 weapons light too?
    It fit on my G&P clone M3 light no prob. Seems to be a direct clone of the Surefire P60 lamp assembly, so where ever that fits, this should too.

So far 10 hour accumulative run time on a first set of batteries. It has exceeded how long I thought they would last.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    any problems so far after 10 hours?

I bought one of these for my G2 and it works great. Mine is not the Q5 version so its not quite as bright but still much brighter than the stock G2 was. I only wish you could buy these in bulk but most of the auctions I've seen on ebay have no provsions for combined shipping or specificly say no combined shipping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads