New to Guns
Close

New to Guns

This is a discussion on New to Guns within the New Members forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Hey everyone, I don't really know much of anything when it comes to the different types of guns and their uses. However, some of my ...

Thread: New to Guns

New to Guns

Hey everyone,

I don't really know much of anything when it comes to the different types of guns and their uses. However, some of my friends go shooting every now and then so I am thinking about purchasing one and practicing at the range. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good quality hand gun. Something that could serve for both range shooting as well as home defense. In addition to a gun that would work well if and when I decide to get a concealed carry license. I plan on researching each of my choices extensively and even trying out some of my friends firearms. I just want to know where I should start looking. Price range around $800.
    Thanks for all your help!

First, welcome to the world of guns. Second, the "perfect gun" for you is something no one but you can decide on. Find a range that sells weapons and firearms that has not just opened! Find one with the experience to train you properly in the use of a firearm. Friends and family are never good examples of good trainers. Why? Because you are not trained and do not know what they need to be training you to do. We go into surgery assuming the Doctor knows what he is doing. Do you want a newly certified Surgeon working on your brain? A good range that also sells weapons and firearms will have the ability to ensure you make a good choice that is right for you. In order to be a firearm you will use in your own self defense, or that of another, it has to be one you are very comfortable with. If you have driven a Mini Cooper for the past twenty years it would not be a good idea to jump into a Semi with an 80' trailer! So then, enjoy and have fun, safely out there!

welcome. do you think youd like shotguns?

Remove Ads

Ads