Finally finished off my target pistols
Close

This is a discussion on Finally finished off my target pistols within the Members Gallery forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I've been piecing together a good bullseye setup for a couple of years now, and I finally finished them off this afternoon. The final touches ...

I've been piecing together a good bullseye setup for a couple of years now, and I finally finished them off this afternoon. The final touches came in this afternoon- I came home to a couple of Randall Fung grips sitting on my porch. The timing couldn't have been better, since this month's competition is on the 29th.

The 1911 is a Les Baer wadcutter gun (with 1/2 inch groups at 50 yard guarantee) with an Ultradot, and the 22 is a S&W 41 7in barrel with a Millett. Both optics are set in Warne rings so I can take off the optic for cleaning and not lose zero. Holy crap do these things shoot! Now I need to get a whole lot better shooting them.

WOW! Those look like the most comfortable pistols ever! I can't imagine how much of a pleasure it would be to fire one. Congrats and GREAT job man! I'm very impressed and would love to have one, let alone a SET of them!

I love the grips! I know some dont like the looks of the grips (ones like that) but I think they are great , especially after shooting one with a similar grip setup! I cant imagine how accurate you're going to be hitting targets! Make us proud man! You're representing Gunatics.com!
    When in doubt, ask Adler.

Yeah, it took some work to get a setup that would shoot well enough and not break during a competition. That's the third 1911 I've tried, and the second S&W41. I wised up with this 1911 and just got the one that would do what I needed it to rather than buying the base model and building it up myself.

The grips look good and feel great, but there's a part of me that can't help but feel like I've riced out a perfectly good 1911 with them and the rail. A 1911 looks best with a blue finish, iron sights and wood panel grips. It feels weird putting a grip that makes it impossible to shoot with two hands or offhand on a pistol designed for combat use.

Now I have to figure out which of my other pistols becomes a project next. I've got three that I haven't gotten just right yet. I've got a Glock 22 that needs a few things, a Taurus pt111 I need to fix, or a Hi-Power. Both the Taurus and G22 are fine for defense, but will never be that much fun to shoot. I have no use or purpose for the Hi-Power, but it has soul and character unlike the plastic crap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Those are SEXY! Very well done.

Great job, great pistols !

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Remove Ads

Ads