Gun Forums banner

Pics of my AR-15 and M1A

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  brucelee 
#1 ·
The very last thing I want done to the AR-15 is to get a different stock, shooting to get a Magpul UBR, not only is it cool, but it balances the gun a lot better. Anyway, here's pics from earlier. The AR-15 shoots sooooo damn accurately with the holo-sight and I have yet to experience a hiccup. Keep in mind this is a preban rifle so I can do whatever I want to it and still be legal.

(laying with it's big brother, the SOCOM II which still needs work to meet my specs)

You can see the light/laser combo. Made by surefire... that laser is so bright that it blinds me to look at the beam spot on the wall! :eek:

In this picture you can see the green laser and white light in full effect. The light is brighter than any maglight I've ever used and WILL blind you for a couple seconds which is all the time I need.

Only thing left to do to this rifle is to change the stock like I mentioned earlier, and add a bayonet to it, just to piss off politicians that have banned bayonets in 2000, but this rifle is preban so I can do as I please. MUHAHAH!

Some say my setup is overkill, I beg to differ. If I want a simple AR, I'll use the other one (varmint), this one is supposed to be a little over the top, and god damn does it shoot well and fast while still being accurate thanks to the weight balance and holographic sight, not to mention how intimidating the damn thing is. The lower receiver is a Bushmaster, upper is a 16" M4 Rock River Arms assembly. I've shot the hell out of this rifle and never had any issues other than one of my mags not feeding correctly cuz its bent, but I threw that one out and its flawless now

Can't WAIT till my baby gets a new stock... the one I have now is on its last legs... so much play and movement that I'm afraid its going to break. I used to love it, but its time has come.

Hope you guys like the pics. Let me know what you think! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Gun-Nut said:
I like it! You have all of the necessities covered without going over the top.

Are you going to add rail covers to the exposed rails? How did the Eotech hunt go? Did you find one?

After a ton of research, I finally settled on a bushnell holosight, the low profile model. The reason for this was because the bushnell model and the EOtech are almost identical in terms of fuction, they are both from the same company, and the Bushnell cost me a little over $200 instead of $500. I have friends who have both and they say that the bushy works just as well and has yet to fail them, online reviews say the same. The specs are almost identical... the only big diff is that they look a bit different but utilize the same technology. The real EOtech has a couple extra features that I didn't need anyway, so it worked out perfectly.

I love how low profile the Bushnell is... it sits on top of my removable "handle" at the rear of the rifle as you can see in the pics.

I have a flip down front sight, so I can flip it down on the fly when I want to use the holosight.

So now at least I'll never have my sights fail me.
1. Iron sights
2. Holosight
3. Green laser

and I even have my flashlight aimed into a beam that is on target, so if EVERYTHING failed, I could use my flashlight as a crude aiming device at close range. :lol:

Everything uses its own batteries so no worry about a main battery dying and rendering everything useless. All batteries are either AAA or 123's.

Now all I need is that really cool stock so I can store some batteries inside of it and I'm ready to go to war!

I thought about getting rail covers to cover up the exposed rails, but I kinda like the way the exposed rails look. I dunno, if I can find rainbow or tye dye colored covers I'll think about it. ;)

D-

#6 · (Edited)
Another reason I got the Bushnell is because I've had A LOT of luck with them in the past. Anywhere from their lower end scopes in the $100 range to my Bushnell elite which is my fav scope by far... My friend had one, and after shooting his rifle and his review of it the Legend, I had to have it and now I couldn't be any happier with it.

This is the Elite

5-15x40mm

Funny, it's mounted on my SU-16 at the moment, which totally defeats the scopes purpose. :lol:

It's going on the MIA, just waiting to find some nice scope rings for the thing.

#7 ·
I've had really good luck with Bushnell products also. I have a 3-9x40 mounted on my .30-06 that I've had for 17 years. It's pretty beat up, but still holds a zero. As a matter of fact, the elk I shot last year was with this scope.

Thanks for the info on the holosight. I haven't seen those before and may have to look at picking one up.

#9 · (Edited)
mattxander12 said:
How much does your whole setup ways, excluding the 40-rounder ?

Eh? How much does my setup what?

Are you asking how much it WEIGHS? It's def not light... the felt recoil is sooo light that it feels like I'm shooting a .22. I like my rifles to have a little weight to them... just a preference.

My SU-16B is a very light weight rifle as it is mostly plastic except for the tiny barrel really... it shoots .223/5.56 and takes AR-15 magazines. The recoil feels DRASTICALLY greater than any .223 rifle I have ever fired, and to top it all off, it's LOUD as HELL! Like, REALLY, REALLY loud. It doesn't have a recoil buffer so you feel those shots through it's plastic frame. It's plus side though is that you can fold it in half and store it in a backpack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.