Reputable Firearms Retailers - Page 2
Close

Reputable Firearms Retailers

This is a discussion on Reputable Firearms Retailers within the Knowledge Base forums, part of the General Gun Talk category; Company Name: The Gun Source Website Address: http://www.thegunsource.com/ City, State: Green Bay, WI FFL: Yes Rating: Excellent Transaction Type: Purchased Firearm Notes: Fast transaction, no ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Company Name: The Gun Source
    Website Address: http://www.thegunsource.com/
    City, State: Green Bay, WI
    FFL: Yes
    Rating: Excellent
    Transaction Type: Purchased Firearm

Notes: Fast transaction, no problems, rifle was exactly as described. However I ordered extra magazines with the rifle as well and they shipped them seperately and later than the rifle, which resulted in more shipping charges, just couple of bucks but the prices of items are excellent so I really came out ahead.

Company Name: Larry's Pistol and Pawn
    Website Address: http://pistolandpawn.com/catalog/
    City, State: Huntsville, AL
    Transaction Type: Purchased Firearm, Indoor Pistol Range

Notes: Larry's is the biggest gun shop in town. Every employee I've met there has been extremely friendly and knowledgeable. This isn't the place you go to pawn your stereo--it's a gun shop. Their indoor pistol range is $10 per hour and you have to shoot their store brand lead-free frangible reloads, but in exchange you can try out ANY pistol they have. This is a great way to get some range time with a bunch of different pistols. As for long guns, they have everything from brand new AR's to rack after rack of milsurp SMLE's and Mausers. This place is like Disneyland. I try not to go too often because I always end up caving in and spending time on the range with something new, or buying yet another milsurp rifle. They are C&R friendly, too, which is something of a rarity at gun shops. "Hey, at least I know this gun's'going to a good home, and it's less paperwork than a 4473", was one guy's reply.

The only shortcomings I'd mention is that the range can get busy on weekends, and they don't have a gunsmith on site. Other than that, they're great.

Company Name: Global Tactical Supply
    Website Address: http://www.global-tactical.com
    City, State: Kansas City, MO
    Transaction Type: Purchased Accesories and Parts

Notes: Extremely fast transaction item arrived two days after ordered with standard FREE shipping. Excellent prices and good selection. HIGHLY RECOMENNDED!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Company Name: Centerfire Systems
    Website Address: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/
    City, State: Versailles, Kentucky
    FFL: yes
    Rating: poor - FALSE ADVERTISING
    Transaction Type: trying to order a shotgun

Notes: They claimed to have Saiga 12's in stock, so I placed an order. One week went by with no contact, so I called. A woman on the phone said the order would be going out later that day. Five days later, still no shipping info. I called again. A guy with a Swedish accent said they never had them in stock to begin with and they were swamped under 300+ back orders. This guy claimed they *might* be able to process my order in 2 or 3 months.

Company Name: Survival Arms
    Website Address: http://www.survivalarms.com/
    State: Bellevue, WA
    Transaction Type: Ammo, XD45 Tactical, Accessories

Notes:
    Bought my XD45 Tactical from these guys and everything was super smooth. They have a great little shop with some nice stuff and good deals.

Vostok 7

Gunatics Trusted Vendor brokenarrowtactical.com BrokenArrow's Avatar

Metco #2

Company Name: Metco #2
    Website Address:
    City, State: Fairfield, CA
    FFL: Yes and also a Class 3 dealer for L.E./Military
    Transaction Type: Firearms puchases.

Notes:
    Small selection, but can get anything that is CA approved. Great prices compared to the standard CA prices. Next to Scandia Fun Center.

Company Name: Military Gun Supply
    Website Address: www.militarygunsupply.com
    City, State: Fort Worth, Tx
    Rating: Poor
    Transaction Type: Purchased two guns, a Walther PP and an CAR 15 rifle

Notes: Bought a Walther 3 years ago and went well, but through gunbroker. When I tried to get another, got the run around. They either dont know their stuff, or tried to screw me into buying a more expensive model

Unless you know your stuff very well, stay away.

This was my experience.
    http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3527

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Neither here, nor there, but not everywhere.
    Figured I'd contribute, given my recent ordering sprees.

Company Name: Del-Ton, Inc
    Website Address: www.del-ton.com
    City, State: Elizabethtown, NC
    FFL: Don't know
    Rating: Poor
    Transaction Type: Ordered a VLTOR ARM2-C (Clubfoot Modstock, A2 length), A.R.M.S #59M S.I.R, and DPMS Panther grip. After I placed the order, they waited about a week to finally inform me that both the stock and SIR were on backorder "as far as they knew". They never really did give me a firm answer, all they could give me was "We don't have them, and don't know when we will, and don't feel like finding out for sure." After they forgot my name, I politely informed them that I would like to cancel my order, which they did.

Notes: All in all, despite how much everyone else seems to love them, I was very disappointed in their service (or lack thereof), and don't plan on returning anytime soon, unless I do a 7.62x39 AR build (which is unlikely).

Next up is:

Company Name: J&G Sales
    Website Address: www.jgsales.com
    City, State: Prescott, AZ
    FFL: I think so... Didn't order anything that needed one. :/
    Rating: Very Good
    Transaction Type: Bought most of my AK "Tacticool Operator" stuff from them, with the exception of two or three parts from K-VAR (who were also pretty good, by the way). All in all, around $400 worth of stuff, across two or three orders, I think...

Notes: Very pleased with their service. Fast shipping, decent prices, seemed like nice people.

Last, but certainly not least, is the most recent (Might be adding another one soon):

Company Name: Area 51 Tactical
    Website Address: www.store.a51tactical.com
    City, State: Taylor, Alabama
    FFL: No
    Transaction Type: Put in an order for the previously mentioned VLTOR stock, along with a buffer assembly (tube, spring, etc), MagPul trigger guard, and DPMS Armorer's tool (which I am convinced CAN kill small animals just by dropping it).

Notes: Reasonable prices, flat rate shipping ($8, I believe), pretty good selection. Recieved my order in about a week after I put in the order. Didn't realize until I had already opened it (and started taking pictures to post in my AR build topic. lol) that they sent me the "Standard" stock rather than the Clubfoot. I sent them an email explaining the situation, and recieved a response by the next day (Saturday, even though they're closed) saying they'd send me the correct one (the box was mislabeled), but they are currently out (apparently, they had two on hand (one of which was the mislabeled one I got), and someone put in an order for the other one within minutes of my order), but expect to get their order from VLTOR within a week, and will ship the replacement to me as soon as they get it, along with a prepaid shipping label to send the other one back. Very friendly people (It's a self-proclaimed "Mom and Pop" shop), happy to offer advice, they also throw in an american flag "patriotic" religious tract in with the order, which surprised me. I'll definitely be going back to them next time I need more Tacticool stuff.

And in less detail:

ammoman.com - Fantastic prices, free shipping. Any questions?
    Practical Tactical, LLC (http://www.practicaltactical.net/pro...let/StoreFront) - Bought a few items from them for airsofting (or SHTF) purposes. Decent prices and selection. That about says it all. I got what I ordered and paid for in a reasonable time frame. And they're local to me.

Company Name: RPB Industries
    Website: http://www.gunmallusa.com/gunmallusa...?storeNumber=1
    City, State: Atlanta, Georgia
    FFL: 07 SOT (or at least they were back in the 80's)
    Rating: Fair

Transaction Type: I saw a good deal on a new-old-stock Polytech AK furniture set. With enough other 922r parts I figured it the buttstock and handguard would look great on my Chinese AK.

I placed the order online with no problems. Got an email within 1 hour, confirming my order from a man (name withheld) who was using a Yahoo email account.

One week passed. Nothing happened.

I emailed (name withheld) asking if my order had shipped yet, and if he could send me a tracking number.

Four more days passed. Still no reply.

I called RPB Industries' main phone number and (name withheld) answered on his cell phone. It sounded like he was driving. I asked if he had shipped the stock set, and he assured me that it had either gone out that day or the day before. He complained that they had been out of stock and unable to ship before then.

I asked why he hadn't told me the item was out of stock back when I placed my order. He tried to bullshit me. I asked him a second time, very directly, and his only reply was "uhhh, sorry."

Another day passed and no tracking number, no charge on my card, and no stock set. Finally, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt for one more day. I told (name withheld) both on the phone and by email that if the order did not ship by close of business the next day, I was through wasting my time with them. The deadline has passed. My card has not been charged, and (name withheld) has made no further attempts to contact me.

EDIT: got an email at 10:41 pm saying it had been shipped. Better late than never! I don't mind waiting if an item is out of stock, but it would have been nice if the seller had told me that up front instead of waiting 2 weeks.
    Last edited by kartoffel; 10-29-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Yeah, I got pissed at RPB as well when I ordered almost 500 bucks of full auto parts from him that I drove down to his place a few times till he was there and got my damn parts from him.

3 weeks was long enough to ship them out..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads