Range bag/carry bag.
Close

Range bag/carry bag.

This is a discussion on Range bag/carry bag. within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I was curious as to what you guys use to transport your pistols in. I remember my brother has a small, heavy duty zippered bag ...

Range bag/carry bag.

I was curious as to what you guys use to transport your pistols in. I remember my brother has a small, heavy duty zippered bag to carry his gun/ammo. At work, they were throwing out a Case Logic CD player case and I figured out would be perfect to transport my XD, ammo, and ear plugs/shooting glasses in.

I'll post pictures when i get home but it has a main pocket that is lined with a super-soft, felt-like pocket. In front is a smaller pocket that, from my estimate, can fit 2 boxes of ammo. The other, even smaller pocket, could be used for my glasses/ear plugs. I guess you can think of it as a soft lunch box

What do you guys use? I'd like to get another 'soft' bag that may be a little more appropriate. Any suggestions?

udpated pics:

Last edited by Danny8630; 03-31-2008 at 12:59 PM.

I use a shooters connection bag, I carry alot of stuff to the range and alot more stuff to major matches... spare parts, 500+ rounds, tools, rain gear, food, drink, extra eyes and ears.

The bag is expensive and you can get a knock off at Midwayusa, good quality but not near that of the shooters connect.

http://shootersconnection.com/shootingbag.htm

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=259680

I use a laptop case I found cleaning out a house for some pistols or my subgun and parts. It has tons of pockets for paper and mags and the inside has deviders for the pistols.

Holds 7 pistols, some ammo and bunch of mags or a large pistol and about 500 rounds of ammo and 6 32 round mags.

Btw, welcome to gunatics.

Last edited by fatcat; 03-30-2008 at 10:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    For almost a year now I have been loving my Stanley 'Mobile Work Center' wheeled two part toolbox as my dedicated range bag...

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Consum.../dp/B000Q5GORC

Technical Details

* 2 in 1 = separates in seconds into an extra large box and giant bin
    * Smooth mobility ¿ large wheels
    * Small parts storage with swivel front drawer (carousel) and front fabric organizer with bungee cord
    * Conveniently fits into a car
    * Load capacity 88 lb

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Consum.../dp/B000Q5GORC

I absolutely love mine.
    Picked it up on sale at WalMart last early summer for like $20 as it was on clearance. I'd seen these before for years and had entertained getting one for paintball field use but hadn't pulled the trigger as the retail price had always prior been too high to justify.
    The unit is two parts a conventional tool/utility box on the top that has at it's bottom a lazy susan utlity tray that stores inside the body of the box rotating around to provide 20 or so various sized small parts bins. With a pair of EZ action clamps on either side attaching it to a wheeled bucket on the bottom.
    I keep _everything_ I could ever need or want toward range and competition use in my cart.

There are far too many things in it to name everything so maybe later I'll take pics of it to show you. But I keep literally keep all of my gunfu related tools, cleaners & lubes, rags, targets, cleaning bowls, along with 2x100 9mm, 2x100 45 ACP, and 1 box of .22LR (550 rounds), my .22 LR conversion upper as well as up to three 1911s stored individually within lockable safe deposit bags inside of the unit overall. The guns, ammo, ears, and lots of spare magazines sit in the tool box part which is always locked. Targets, cleaners, and stuff less so worrisome sit in the bottom wheeled bucket. The only modification I've made was to attach a metal strap type lock hasp to the front. It came with a lock loop but it was molded plastic which isn't trust worthy for my purposes.
    Mine has been great and very durable. I sit to rest on it inbetween events. I roll it from stage to stage with ease. I never run out of ammo during events and training classes because I can bring as much as 4x per caliber in 45, 9mm, and 22 and never run low muchless out. People comment on it often about how handy it is once I show them upon asking what exactly it is.
    It's proven to be quite durable too contrary to the first review at Amazon. I toss it in my trunk and am off to where ever. Easy.
    Best of all when I'm home I keep it stored and locked in my office against a wall. No hunting around the house to find stuff or load it up when I want to on a whim hit the range or clean a gun as I had been doing before. Prior I had maintained two separate tool boxes for same and still would always forget something or be for want. Not since I got this.
    In hindsight it is worth the $80 retail they used to want for this thing and I would have no problem suggesting ti to others who shoot often.

- Janq

My first range bag was an Israeli Tool bag from my local Army/ Navy store. It was about $12.00 and worked awesome for one gun...It has been passed on twice now to new shooters.

OP updated with pics of my new(old) bag.

Best Birthday gift in a long time that I've recieved has been a Range Bag from http://kickinapacksnstuff.com/ (PS, I'm not affiliated in any way)

The contruction is all heavy nylon, with HEAVY DUTY self healing zippers, and enough pockets to stash everything you might need. The handles also have a piece of plastic sewn into them so it's more comfortable. This bag is extremely well thought out, and extremely durable, as well as reasonably priced.

I've included some pictures, because threads are always nicer with pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dtown240; 04-08-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    im usin a bag master range bag - have been for almost 10 years now

ish
    I have the $40 range bag from midway and it works great. Best deal you can get for a range bag imo.

Remove Ads

Ads