Will buying a stripped lower receiver dodge any AW ban?
Close

This is a discussion on Will buying a stripped lower receiver dodge any AW ban? within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; As many of you know I have recently completed my AR. Last piece was a YHM folding rear sight so now I can actually shoot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As many of you know I have recently completed my AR. Last piece was a YHM folding rear sight so now I can actually shoot it without just looking down the barrel. But I have a question. The Jan gun show is coming up and my funds are somewhat limited. I'm trying to decide between a red dot or another stripped lower receiver to squirrel away in case of another assault weapons ban. My question is as follows: Do you forsee any provisions in any AWB that would make the completion of the rifle very difficult or very expensive? For example can they ban any of the other parts to complete it? I know they have gone after hi cap mags maybe I should stock up on some of those also. I also can't justify spending more on a red dot than I did on the rest of the rifle. I guess thats because if I had to choose between an acog and another rifle (like the LR308 discussed elsewhere) then Id easily choose another gun.

Yes, the new ban HR 10/22 will ban and barrels, bolts or trigger parts that can be used to finish a weapon.

When the Hillarycaust happens that bill will pass.

Finish your rifle now and get scopes when your done.

But its not a bad idea to have an extra lower.

High cap mags are a MUST for anything you own. This ban is going not to end in 10 years like the last one this one is FOREVER. Get enough to last a lifetime!

Wtf? I cant get my bold to go off!

Last edited by fatcat; 01-02-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Get them now like said above. When the Clintonian revolution comes, we might as well start flying a hammer and sickle flag. They will only be happy until the guns are in the hands of the military and the police only.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    It's not just Hillary.
    We are fucked across the board.

Hillary, Obama, Edwards, Giuliani, and Romney.
    All serious contenders and they all hate our freedom.

Then there is the up coming SCoTUS gamble too.

- Janq

I love how Romney tried getting around his anti gun stance by joining the NRA 6 months before he decided to run. The NRA does not even want him. LOL

Part of me is hoping that Huckabee beats Romney in IA. Im going to caucus for Ron Paul, but I know that he will get 3rd at best.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Could you guys list in order of importance... future banned ar-15 parts to get now while we can ? Working on a budget but I'd like to get a complete ar-15 tricked out how I would like it before its too late.

Lower receivers are the most important, as they will most likely be grandfathered under any new ban.

Hi cap mags would be the second.

Actually, I'm content with my SU16. I've been buying mags though. Buying them for the SKS as well.

dont forget the AW in 1994 banned stuff that were ON the upper like the bayo lug.

also, collapsible stocks were part of it, IIRC...

so a stripped lower may NOT just be the only thing.

Yes but you could still buy the uppers and parts for "Preban" weapons with this one you will not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads