Gun range signs?
Close

Gun range signs?

This is a discussion on Gun range signs? within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Anybody every buy or make warning signs advising people they are approaching a shooting range? We've had a private range on my parent's property for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gun range signs?

Anybody every buy or make warning signs advising people they are approaching a shooting range? We've had a private range on my parent's property for many years, since before I was a concept. I've had a concern that some where along the line some turd out hunting will wander on to our property and across the range without knowing it. I'd like signage warning of the range right along side the no trespass signs. I've made it a habit of trying to do my shooting during hunting season either at a time of day when the hunters aren't likley to be out or on Sunday. However, that isn't always an option.

So it comes down to whether I make signs (but I want them to hold up for a few years) or buy them.

Thoughts?

Good quality vinyl letters on a painted metal plate will last for several years outdoors. Unfortunately, I suspect any sign you put up, warning or otherwise, will end up riddled with bullets holes.

Especially if it says either 'No Hunting' or 'No Trespassing'.

Most decent sign shops will have painted metal blanks that they can then fill with your desired text using vinyl letters, but I doubt it would be cost effective for you.

yeah, I'd want to put up at least 50 signs so there is never any real doubt. Due to the location, fencing it in just is not an option.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Back in the sticks where I grew up, folks used a of rectangle plywood stuck to a tree, with a sign stapled to the board. You can use a plain old paper sign if you replace it every season, or a plastic one will last 5 years or so. All the hardware and hunting/tackle stores had packs of POSTED signs, like 50 for a buck fiddy.

Posted signs are no worries, got whole rolls of them. I want specific warnings that folks are approaching a shooting range. That's the issue.

I've seen them in my travels in the woods. Just never in a store... Check Tractor Supply or something similar.

If they hear a boom boom boom and still wander toward the sound, I mean come on now. Let Darwinism do its thing...

Why can't you fence it in?

Even if you post the signs, everyone that would 'accidentally' wander upon your property still would. Yahoos are always going to be yahoos.

Do you have no backstop in your backyard range, is that it?

You could always rent a dozer or a backhoe for a couple hours and dig up enough dirt so that you have a good backstop and a lane, then you wouldn't have to worry so much about posting. Of course, not quite "cost effective".
    Be cruel, make someone Think.

I have a nice natural hill side for a back stop. Anything goes through it must be nuclear powered. Can't fence it because of the size area, plus I have to deal with the wildlife.

We don't often have people stroll through, but I want said turds to be warned that they are approaching a firing range when they ignore the no trespassing signs.

You could always put range markers out there. Like 7y, 10y, 25y, 50y, etc. and then have stands set up.

Or you could just buy a ton of hulls and leave them on the ground out there. That'd get the message across if both of those things came across my view

"Hmmnm, that's a lot of shotgun shells. Hmmnm, that's odd, there's distances marked off going out to me. What's that whip-crack sound I keep hearing?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads