I wish I had the money...
Close

This is a discussion on I wish I had the money... within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; ...to open my own rifle range. Seriously...its so easy to buy a rifle (or atleast it was easy for me)...go into the store, tell them ...

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar

...to open my own rifle range.

Seriously...its so easy to buy a rifle (or atleast it was easy for me)...go into the store, tell them you have money, then they call someone and do a quick 2 minute background check and you are on your way.

Then when you go to a range they have these strange rules... The range/store I got my ar-15 from has a rule that wont let you fire w/ iron sights - you can only shoot if you have a scope, and another I went to today wont let you shoot unless you have a .22 - nothing larger.

WTF... and I really shouldnt have to join a private gun club to go to their range - but I am starting to consider it now.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    thank god for venture capital firms. you dont have to HAVE the money, you can borrow it. you just need a compelling argument and the ability to show that a new, less restrictive rifle range will make money.

Private property FTW. One reason for me to stick in a region close to my parents means I have access to a a range where I can shoot anything I legally can shoot. I don't have a proper 100 meter range though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Public Game Lands and Wildlife Management Areas for the win, too. I'm lucky to have a WMA range only 20 minutes away. Shoot whatever you like. Only four rules: (1) no shooting between sunset and sunrise. (2) Paper targets only. (3) Range closed during duck season. (4) Users must hold a valid AL hunting license, which costs all of 10 bux.

Remove Ads

Ads