Gun concealment legalities - Page 2
Close

Gun concealment legalities

This is a discussion on Gun concealment legalities within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Originally Posted by packnrat and a friend of mine if going to court latter this month for having a chamberd round while on his quad, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by packnrat
    and a friend of mine if going to court latter this month for having a chamberd round while on his quad, he was in hunting mode.
    not hunting while on said quad just moving to another spot a couple hundred feet away. (not very easy to ride on a very rough rd and try to shoot)
    not good to get too far away from something that cost a about 4 grand.
    (and is only two years old.)
    +1 for unintelligence, poor grammar, and horrible spelling

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packnrat
    and a friend of mine if going to court latter this month for having a chamberd round while on his quad, he was in hunting mode.
    not hunting while on said quad just moving to another spot a couple hundred feet away. (not very easy to ride on a very rough rd and try to shoot)
    not good to get too far away from something that cost a about 4 grand.
    (and is only two years old.)
    PNR,

Doing so is not only illegal but it is also very much unsafe & stupid and goes against the 10 rules of firearm safety.
    Your buddy would know this if he'd taken a hunter education & safety course or had read up on same or had been trained/taught/brought up under as much.

Long story short he's going to be dinged with a fine at a minimum and he'd better hope and pray he can find an excellent lawyer to work toward him preventing a firearms charge from being on his record. In some states as much is an automatic felony, even for something as seemingly simple as what you describe. Serious business.

An ATV is a motorized conveyance same as a car, truck, motorcycle, or even in some states boats and airplanes too.
    Have your buddy sign up forthwith toward the following;

California Hunter Education Program

In a continued effort to reduce firearm accidents, the State of California requires all first time resident hunters, regardless of age, to complete hunter education training or pass a comprehensive equivalency test before purchasing a hunting license.

The California Department of Fish and Game conducts training throughout the state. Each year approximately 30,000 students complete the state’s ten-hour minimum hunter education course. Statistics show hunter education training is a success.

Hunting accidents of all types have declined substantially since the start of the program. The California Hunter Safety Program began on January 1, 1954 with the passage of the Davis-Abshire Hunter Safety Training Law. The initial law required all junior hunters to take a Hunter Safety Class prior to obtaining their first hunting license.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/index.aspx
    The Ten Commandments of Firearms Safety

The Hunter Education Instructor makes the final decision in determining whether a student is qualified to receive a Certificate of Completion. A student who is unsafe, or fails to demonstrate good sportsmanship will not be issued a Certificate of Completion.

1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
    2. Watch that Muzzle! Be able to control the direction of the muzzle at all times.

3. Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
    4. Be sure of your target before you pull the trigger.
    5. Unload guns when not in use.
    6. Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
    7. Never climb a fence or tree or jump a ditch with a loaded gun.

8. Never shoot a bullet at a flat, hard surface or water.
    9. Store guns and ammunition separately, beyond the reach of children and careless adults.
    10. Avoid alcoholic beverages and mind altering drugs before or during shooting.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/huntered/faq.aspx
    In the MA Hunter Ed, Bow Hunting, and Waterfowl Hunting courses I've taken the instructors, who all are state and Federal game wardens, covered use of conveyances including ATVs in specific. It was even covered in a video they show toward what to never do and why to what potentially lethal result.

- Janq

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    Shemoves,

See my recent post today under my SA thread about how useless and uninformed police can be toward reference to law, lawfulness, and general assistance.

Once again I'd strongly advise to anyone do your own homework.

- Janq

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by global
    +1 for unintelligence, poor grammar, and horrible spelling
    I don't think unintelligence is a word
    Be cruel, make someone Think.

Quote Originally Posted by jamz
    I don't think unintelligence is a word
    un·in·tel·li·gent Pronunciation[uhn-in-tel-i-juhnt]
    –adjective
    1. deficient in intelligence; dull; stupid.
    2. not endowed with intelligence.

[Origin: 1600–10; un-1 + intelligent]

—Related forms
    un·in·tel·li·gence, noun
    un·in·tel·li·gent·ly, adverb

Well, consider me schooled!
    Be cruel, make someone Think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads