What was your worst gun related mistake?
Close

This is a discussion on What was your worst gun related mistake? within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Share!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share!

I've had 2 AD's One was a Colt Gold Cup that did a double tap on me at the gun range while target shooting, I got part of the range ceiling with the 2nd shot.

The other was a "cheney like" incident , a side by side shot gun bird hunting.
    It had exposed hammers , no safety other than keeping your fingers out of the triggers.
    Done hunting trying to unload weapon, had to bring hammers down to break open the action to get the shells out. I was holding exposed hammer with thumb while pulling trigger to release the hammer. Well I hit the wrong trigger! Boom! Thankfully I was following a few of the safety rules and had the muzzle pointing up in air away from anything or one.......

Learn from your mistakes and others!

Not buying the case of 25 double date lugers from a guy for 450 bucks a piece when I had the chance. They were unissued with no imports and all 1920's and 30's produced. I could have made a ton and kept a couple for myself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Worst gun-related mistake I made was when I pulled my .357 Magnum revolver out one night and had an AD in my room...

My hearing was kinda funky for a while after that, and I spent days looking for where the bullet went... I did eventually find it though, lodged about halfway through my copy of the Complete Kama Sutra! Ironically, it ended up in the section titled "On Living Alone"! Fortunately, that wasn't an omen or anything, and I've been a LOT more careful since...

Filthy Rich

Ouch!!

Do you have tinnitis now?

Not really a gun mistake in the way that you're asking about, but a mistake involving one of my guns none the less. I was practicing field stripping my new SigPro the other day and was holding the grip with my right hand and the front of the slide with my left hand. Well, like an idiot I didn't pay attention and let the slide slip out of my left hand. I pinched the skin of my thumb pretty bad and got one hellova blood blister, and even worse, my silver ring on my left hand put a nice fine scratch in the slide from the chamber opening to the muzzle. Had I put this scratch in her actually using her, it would be no biggie. But to scratch it when it's brand new while cleaning it kinda erks me.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jamz
    Ouch!!

Do you have tinnitis now?
    :: Begins his usual inadvertent Little John act :: Hwat? Hwat? Okayee!

Nah, I was pretty much deaf before that Well, not really...

Thankfully I made a full recovery from that incident! My book, on the other hand...

Filthy Rich

That was odd... Why did it put my post in under the name "Guest"?
    Great, now even the internet doesn't recognize me...

Filthy Rich

This wasn't really that much of a mistake, but it almost went on my record as an AD (Now we call them "Negligent Discharges" in the military, AD isn't PC enough). Ok, to get this out right now, I'm VERY arachnophobic. Once when I was in the middle east, we set up an OP (observation point) out in the middle of the desert. It was about 1AM, and I was getting tired, so I decided that I should walk around the humvee a little bit to get active so I could stay awake when out of nowhere, I see a camel spider darting towards my general direction. I don't know if any of you have ever seen one, but they're fucking HUGE and ugly and they scare the shit out of me. I do the logical thing to do in that situation, well, logical for me anyway, I drew my M9 and put half my magazine at it. I say "at" because I didn't hit it once and just managed to scare it off. I did manage to get everyone at the OP's attention though, as I had 6 people show up REAL quick all ready to rock asking what the fuck was going on. After I explained it to them, my platoon sergeant was threatening to put it on my record as an ND. My defense was that not a single shot fired was negligent or accidental, as every time I pulled the trigger I damn well meant to. I'm just happy that my squad leader was cool, he managed to talk my way out trouble for me. Well, that's my story. Not too good a story, but I've never had an AD and that's the only time I've been in a situation where I could be blamed for one, or several if you're going to be anal about it.

Here's a couple of camel spiders for reference...

-Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads