Help me choose my new carry weapon
Close

This is a discussion on Help me choose my new carry weapon within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I had originally purchased an M&P Shield 9mm for my daily carry, but less than 24-hours after I brought it home the wife saw it ...

View Poll Results: Which "Tiny Niney" would YOU choose?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walther PPS

4 80.00%
  • Kahr PM9

0 0%
  • Sig P938

0 0%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE

1 20.00%

I had originally purchased an M&P Shield 9mm for my daily carry, but less than 24-hours after I brought it home the wife saw it and commandeered it for HER personal defense weapon. And that's fine...it was a great price, but thats about the only reason I bought it...it didn't make my heart skip a beat like the Kimber Solo Carry did. But now I need to buy myself another carry weapon. I know this is probably going to sound odd, but even though I really like the Shield (for the price) I do NOT want two of the same weapon in the family, as I may get the Shield back someday because the wife has found a gun in pink she likes better (I'm kidding, but not really...sigh ).

Here is what I'm looking at (ALL in 9mm)...

• Walther PPS ~ (found ONE at $525)
    • Kahr PM9 ~ (found three, priced between $600 - $700)
    • Sig Sauer P938 ~ (found two ["Nightmare" & "Blackwood"] at $640/each)

I have not had an opportunity to shoot any of these weapons...but I've purchased every weapon I own (save for the Shield) PRIOR to shooting, and I have never regretted a single purchase. I find that I can readily adapt to any firearm with some practice at the range. Well, I say that because I have YET to buy a weapon that I absolutely couldn't shoot or hated shooting (knock on wood). Also, I don't have a preferred carry method. I will pocket-carry or holster depending on what I'm wearing, so minute differences in size will not matter much to me. I'm primarily concerned with reliability, functionality and accuracy (the last one being somewhat subjective).

I'm leaning toward the Walther because of price (and because James Bond choose Walther, so its GOTTA be cool...right?), but I would really like feedback from owners about pros and cons of each weapon. And if anyone out there happens to own (or has owned) all three, I would REALLY appreciate which one, if any, you thought was an overall winner.

Thanks

Walther PPS 9mm. U will love the small size, adjustability with 6,7, and 8 round magazines, and very manageable recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody768 View Post
    Walther PPS 9mm. U will love the small size, adjustability with 6,7, and 8 round magazines, and very manageable recoil.
    That is the one I chose (six months ago...LOL). I like it because it has the same mag release as my HK45 (ambi trigger guard) and I've dedicated that maneuver to muscle memory. Its very accurate, and the trigger (which started out kinda gritty) really smoothed out after about 500 rounds...and a shit-ton of dry fire practice. I'm well over 2000 rounds and the Walther has ZERO malfs (no FTE's, FTF's...zip, zilch, nada). A couple months after I bought the PPS, I purchased a Wilson Combat BWC model thinking I wanted to carry 45acp...but after a week I went right back to the PPS. Its just WAY more comfortable.

Just FYI: I went with a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe IWB holster (worn at 4-o-clock position), and the PPS literally disappears under my shit. VERY happy with my choice.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Sorry I was a little late to the party. New to the forum and that one was right up top. I purchased a Walther PPQ about eight months ago hoping it would be a great all around (target, home defense, and carry) gun. I have to tell you it is truly a great gun! The best out of the box trigger I have ever felt, low recoil, not much muzzle flip, it shoots like a dream. But it is just a bit big for day to day carry. My friend (who was a sig guy) tried it, and bought a PPS 2 weeks later. After I tried that, it became next on my list. Until I got wind of the Walther CCP. I'm going to wait till it comes out and at least shoot one before I decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody768 View Post
    <snip>I got wind of the Walther CCP. I'm going to wait till it comes out and at least shoot one before I decide.
    Dont know if you're into .380 pistols...but I just purchased a Walther PPKs and it is PHENOMENAL! The trigger is one of the best I have ever tried right-out-of-the-box...I'm talking 1911-good!! Its a bit snappy due to the stationary barrel, but man is this thing sweet.
    I also have a 1st gen PPQ, although its kind of a shelf (safe) queen, it too has an amazing trigger (for a Tupperware gun). Next on my list is either the Sig P220 Scorpion or the Heckler & Koch HK45-T...for no reason other than I just want a tactical 45 in my collection.

If you get the CCP, post a review!!

I have not had an opportunity to shoot any of these weapons?

We are the pioneers in providing testking ccna certification dumps and test-king.com tutorials with exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testkingccie mines.edu questions to pass real exam http:hsbc.edu

Last edited by kamkarooo; 04-03-2015 at 04:11 AM.

I am seriously leaning toward getting a Beretta Nano 9mm.

I have never regretted a single purchase

Remove Ads

Ads