Two brothers attack Sunderland Police Chief [Western, MA]
Close

This is a discussion on Two brothers attack Sunderland Police Chief [Western, MA] within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Note: This was news among my local community yesterday. The station that was set upon is a combination police, fire and community center. The police ...

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar

Note:
    This was news among my local community yesterday.
    The station that was set upon is a combination police, fire and community center.
    The police force is by all standards small and light. They have less than ten officers total half of which are FT.
    This began for them as a normal day like any other.

Anytime, anywhere, anyplace...Anyone.

~~~

Two brothers attack Sunderland Police Chief

By CBS 3 Springfield News

Story Published: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:17 PM EST

Story Updated: Feb 22, 2011 at 7:17 PM EST

Surveillance video shows the two brothers, Kenneth and Patrick Jean-Babets walking into the Sunderland Police Department Monday afternoon, moments before they allegedly barged through the lobby door. That's when Kenneth attacked Police Chief Jeffrey Gilbert with a foot long butcher knife. His brother, Patrick attacked another officer.

Chief Gilbert says "He and I went down on the floor really hard. But, with my training I got out from underneath him and I got him detained."

Chief Gilbert say, the brothers had shown up at the department after their other brother was arrested on a minor traffic warrant and planned on helping him escape.

Chief Gilbert says "They are dangerous. When an individual comes in to assist his brother to escape for a simple warrant and then comes into a police department and wants to kill, which he said he did. He had a very large knife and he was attempting to kill me."

Among many others, the two brothers have been charged with attempted murder. Tuesday, they pleaded not guilty in Greenfield District Court. A long time friend of the brothers, Kyle Waldron sat in the courtroom for support.

Waldron says "They are three brothers who are bi-polar and schizophrenic and medicated living in a two bedroom apartment. Their parents have forgotten about them and they don't have anyone to support them."

Either way, Chief Gilbert says the men are a danger to society....

The full story along with video for the incident and interview of the chief
    Two brothers attack Sunderland Police Chief | CBS 3 Springfield - News and Weather for Western Massachusetts | Local News

A much more detailed account including blow by blows
    Brothers jailed in attack on Sunderland police: Chief knocked knife from suspect's hand during station brawl
    By ARN ALBERTINI, BOB DUNN and AMY V. TALIT Bulletin Contributing Writers
    Published on February 25, 2011
    Amherst Bulletin | Brothers jailed in attack on Sunderland police: Chief knocked knife from suspect's hand during station brawl

- Janq

P.S.
    The item to take from this is the mindset of the two criminals, and their biological situation.
    They are diagnosed as being what in the old days we used to simply term as being 'crazy' or the more kind soft term of 'off in the head'.
    Now these two fools thought to run this sort of effort against a police station, and they very nearly succeeded armed only with a butcher knife and chutzpah.

Think of how they might look at you or I as Joe Blow civilian, on the street or among our own home.
    They feel slighted that the police and Chief took in their brother...For he having actually committed a crime.
    Think how they might feel about you and how they may react to some item the perceive to be a slight.
    Imagine if you were their neighbor (Cliff Side is a major apt. complex in the area) or some person that happened to accidentally smudge their Puma as you walked by.
    I agree with the Chief of Police, these two have proven themself to be a danger to the public. Prison for them, buh bye.

I'm pretty shocked they lived through it to stand trial.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    wow -

i cannot say enough that the mental health industry needs an overhaul

this is a good point - that it was a knife, so it doesnt matter whether or not guns are legal or illegal - the crazies will use whatever they can regardless

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

pgt
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    some person that happened to accidentally smudge their Puma as you walked by.
    growing up as I did in Va Beach in the 1980's, this is no surprise to me. In 7th grade, gangfights were the norm; not talking about black on black but clique on clique. The 'heads' or white dudes wearing jean jackets and smoking pot out back of the school vs. brotha's who stuck together (the place was still very much segregated in that day, as are most small VA towns with a black side and white side of town...). For us "normal" kids, we learned to stay the eff out of the way.

I once saw a pothead's face bashed in for stepping on a bro's shoelace. Va Beach police came out in full riot gear; shields, shotguns, batons and all. The principal was fired that year.

I was happy to move north that summer.

Remove Ads

Ads