CCW Kit Question
Close

CCW Kit Question

This is a discussion on CCW Kit Question within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Okay folks, I'm sure that this topic has probably been beaten to a bloody pulp, but I don't feel like doing a search since it's ...

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar

CCW Kit Question

Okay folks, I'm sure that this topic has probably been beaten to a bloody pulp, but I don't feel like doing a search since it's late(ish) and my brain is very much mush like from reading my assignments for this week's festivities in evidence.

So here's the deal, my CCW kit currently consists of a Springfield TRP chambered for .45 ACP or a Springfield EMP chambered for 9mm carried strong side with a pair of spare mags on the weak side and a folding knife in my strong side front pants pocket.

I know I should add a small flashlight (i.e a Surefire), but only limited space on my dimunitive frame for what's already there, and I feel like adding the flashlight puts me about one accessory away from wearing a Batbelt out of thehouse every day.

Now that I've given a fairly lengthy dissertation, here's my question, does anyone here have a small fixed blade neck knife as part of their CCW kit? I'm thinking that may be something else I could add to my carry kit without adding extra doodads to my belt or already loaded pockets (wallet, knife, Crackberry, keys), and it seems to be something that would have good utilitarian value.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    i have added a small fenix LED to my keychain as part of the kit

you could also opt for a mag/flashlight combo carrier and drop one of the spare mags that you carry

I suppose that's a thought re: being able to carry a flashlight. I guess the 8 rounds in the TRP plus a spare 7 round mag or 10 rounds in the EMP plus a 9 round spare would be plenty if TSHTF.

Still curious as to the small fixed blade neck knives I see while I'm out and about though. Any thoughts there?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

I wear carpenter jeans/shorts pretty much all the time and use the right side leg pocket for my flashlight and pen (stainless steel barrel pens are great for "no carry" zones) with my S&W M&P .40c strong side and 2 mags weak side and a small folder in my front zippo pocket.

So my normal EDC setup is front left pocket: spare mag. Front right pocket: Droid Incredible. Strong side IWB M&P9 FS. Back right pocket: wallet. Back left pocket: keys and folding knife. This has been pretty comfortable and "stream lined" to me.

I don't worry about flashlights b/c I'm usually in before dark (around 9pm here) and when I'm out at night, its usually a situation where I won't be carrying anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mattxander12
    So my normal EDC setup is front left pocket: spare mag. Front right pocket: Droid Incredible. Strong side IWB M&P9 FS. Back right pocket: wallet. Back left pocket: keys and folding knife. This has been pretty comfortable and "stream lined" to me.

I don't worry about flashlights b/c I'm usually in before dark (around 9pm here) and when I'm out at night, its usually a situation where I won't be carrying anyways.
    Flash light is definitely a consideration for me because I am often out and about at night when I work late, or am at the law library late prepping for class, etc. Sadly, I'm not out at night only at times when I should not be carrying.

Remove Ads

Ads