Do you carry a bug?
Close

Do you carry a bug?

This is a discussion on Do you carry a bug? within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Hello I'm curious how many of you carry a second gun? (why or why not)...

View Poll Results: Do you carry a Bug

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you carry a bug?

Hello
    I'm curious how many of you carry a second gun? (why or why not)

No. Why ? I'm a little urban guy. I don't see a situation in which I will need it. My carry weapon (M&P9 fullsize) works flawless on FMJ's and my DPX carry ammo. I clean it completely monthly. I trust it with my life.

Considering the above, The extra weight on my ankle or belt just isn't wanted nor necessary in my opinion.

The only thing a BUG would be useful for to me is as a primary light weight weapon when carrying during running, biking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mattxander12
    No. Why ? I'm a little urban guy. I don't see a situation in which I will need it. My carry weapon (M&P9 fullsize) works flawless on FMJ's and my DPX carry ammo. I clean it completely monthly. I trust it with my life.

Considering the above, The extra weight on my ankle or belt just isn't wanted nor necessary in my opinion.

The only thing a BUG would be useful for to me is as a primary light weight weapon when carrying during running, biking, etc.

OK but lets a situation arises and your primary fails or is taken away?
    Wouldn't a second gun come handy? You never know when and where something is going to come up. I'm just saying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    Im with Matt - what I have works well, and its usually concealed to the point that my friends that know I carry dont even know I am carrying unless I tell them (not to brag but to let them know I cant go there since weapons are off limits and Id rather not get arrested).

And I am not a big guy, I dont have lots of land to hide a second gun, nor do I have the funds for another pistol and holster.

Quote Originally Posted by shootest51
    OK but lets a situation arises and your primary fails or is taken away?
    Wouldn't a second gun come handy? You never know when and where something is going to come up. I'm just saying.
    Here's my view on that....its not realistic to plan for every contingency....sure shit could happen...but I prepare for the most likely scenario. I shouldn't be in that close of quarters ever...if I am, I already failed in my book. I know my gun will go boom every time and that's good enough for my needs

I carry a little P-32 as a bug just at work but its not because I don't trust my primary.

In a fast moving scenario you'd be lucky to have time to to draw your primary weapon, let alone a backup. So carry a BUG if you wish, but don't forget to be proficient and fast with your primary.

Its not as much as a back up gun as it is a hide away gun.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    No BUG for me, while it is more or less legal here in DE, it's very much frowned upon. Frankly you should not be carrying a gun apt to fail and likewise you should. Mailtain control of your weapon at all times whether holstered on your person or deployed. For the latter, it's wnormously helpful to learn to shoot from the retention position.

As for me, I fully trust me EDC 1911s carried with two spare mags. I, like Matt also clean the gun regularly, but at slightly more frequent intervals due to the very tight fit of my specific 1911s that are carried.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    Strong side concealed = Reliable gun running reliable magazines (I personally will not own a gun and will throw away magazines that are not reliable!)
    Weak side concealed = OC/CS LEO grade aerosol spray
    Concealed on my person at my torso but not in a pocket = Fixed or folding blade knife

If my side arm is removed or disabled, I have the spray.
    If the attacker is literally at my chest or on top of me, I have my knife.
    If neither of these options is readily available, I have my hands, feet, hed and teeth....And brain.

- Janq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads