Preferred modes of carry
Close

Preferred modes of carry

This is a discussion on Preferred modes of carry within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I always find it interesting to see what other folks' preferred mode of carry is so what say you? I typically carry a full size ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar

Preferred modes of carry

I always find it interesting to see what other folks' preferred mode of carry is so what say you?

I typically carry a full size 1911 IWB just behind the hip on the strong side with two spare mags on the weak side hip. I do from time to time, instead carry a compact 1911 in the same location or SOB. Option three is my Glock 23 or XD-9 Sub-Compact carried on the hip via Blade-Tech kydex paddle holster with a single spare just in front of the hip canted toward the weak hand.

Combat Tupperware IWB at 4:30 to 5 o'clock on the strong side, with spare mags on the weak side.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    I have been sitting at my desk all day today wearing a full size full steel Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Loaded 'Target' 9MM with Smith & Alexander removable magazine well.

9+1 rounds holstered in a leather IWB straight drop sheath positioned right side at 3 o'clock riding just at my pelvis bones widest point.
    Single magazine holster located at left side 10'oclock position, Bianchi model 20A, stowing one 9 rd. magazine.

I have several holsters IWB and OWB to fit three different EDC handguns, all being 1911s.
    I'll carry in different positions on my body and at different angles including kidney, appendix, and left side (I shoot ambi), as well as left side reverse/anti-carjacker draw.

I have to remember to disarm before going to class tonight.

- Janq

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

I don't carry. Can't around here. If I WERE to carry it would have to be in winter where chances of getting caught are less.

Ah, yes, disarming prior to going to class...I always find that to be a royal PITA.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    yeah i need to get a mag pouch. i am ashamed to say.

Quote Originally Posted by mwink822
    Ah, yes, disarming prior to going to class...I always find that to be a royal PITA.
    I have found that my Eddie Bauer school bag has a separate compartment from everything else, and that is where I stash my pistol.

In Indiana, its just a University rule, not a state law. My life is worth breaking a retarded rule.

Delaware is the same way, but Between two case books a laptop and two note books I don't have any room to stash my hugantic carry gun.

Usually from fall to spring when I were more than a t-shirt all day, I carry my 92FS in a leather Desantis speed scabbard. When its t-shirt weather I'm wearing my XD9 sub-compact IWB with Desantis Tuck This II. Both are always worn strong side at 3'oclock on the hip.

Very rarely I wear an Uncle Mikes vertical shoulder holster for the 92.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ 9iron
    Usually from fall to spring when I were more than a t-shirt all day, I carry my 92FS in a leather Desantis speed scabbard. When its t-shirt weather I'm wearing my XD9 sub-compact IWB with Desantis Tuck This II. Both are always worn strong side at 3'oclock on the hip.

Very rarely I wear an Uncle Mikes vertical shoulder holster for the 92.
    Doesn't the gun hurt your hip wearing it directly at 3 o 'clock ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads