Observation.......
Close

Observation.......

This is a discussion on Observation....... within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; i typically EDC a G27, but as you know i also have some 229's for CCW. in the same (design) holster - i have noticed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar

Observation.......

i typically EDC a G27, but as you know i also have some 229's for CCW.

in the same (design) holster - i have noticed that the 229 conforms and hides better than my G27 with just shorts and a t-shirt!

even with the larger frame and added weight - i notice it everytime!

this may seem trite - but sometimes i loath humping around the extra weight, but i dont mind the extra 4 rounds

recently with humping around all kinds of extra stuff for baby mccrackin support - i dont seem to mind the extra weight so much

so - does this happen due to the "blocky" profile of the glock maybe?

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    I find my full size EDC 1911 to be MUCH easier to carry than my Glock 23. Even though the 23 has almost twice the ammo capacity of my 1911, I stick with the 1911. The 1911 is a whole lot bigger and heavier (I think my EDC TRP is close to 1.5 times the weight of my 23 when both are fully loaded), but it conceals better and is a immensely easier for me to shoot and manipulate better than the Glock. Just my $0.02. YMMV

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    1911s are stupid easy to conceal carry.

In large part because they are flat and have basically no extra material at the slide and frame (unlike modern autoloaders) and they run slim rather than staggered magazines.
    Sig Classic's (P22* series) are known for being similar in ease to carry.

Even the Beretta 9* series as well the Browning Hi-Power and the classic CZ handguns too have the same easy to conceal charachter.

- Janq

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    1911s are stupid easy to conceal carry.

- Janq
    That they are. I would imagine the pre-railed/beaver tailed Sig 220 to be the same as you suggest.

Yep it is.

In fact when I was choosing to buy my SigArms 'GSR' (I debated it and researched for nearly 18 months before pulling the buy it decision trigger) I had been neck in neck considering the P220...specifically the then factory custom limited edition Ernie Langdon edition which pics do it no justice is absolutely gorgeous in mechanical detail and finish work.

I wound up going with the GSR as my final decision because they both were rated to be same in real and inherent accuracy potential out to 50 yards.
    The major selling point for me? The 1911 grip angle best suits my hand...even as I'd come out of a P226 prior and did fine with it. A close second reason was that the cost and availability of magazines was fer less expensive than that of the proprietary Sig magazine for the P220.

Boy am I glad I did that too because the year after I got the GSR the folks at IDPA rewrote the rules whihc basically eliminated the P220 from competition as a result of Ernie Langdon sweeping the nationals with a box stock off the production floor model of same. Sig stopped making them like two years after that as it was already a minor seller as it was.
    To this day though they still are collectible and go for a premium amongst folks who know and appreciate them for what they are. I would love to have a P220 never mind a P220EL.

BTW the second time I shot an IDPA match at S&W I was by chance in the same squad as a newbie with Ernie Langdon. My then guide/mentor took me aside and asked if I knew who he was and I was like of course. So he walked me over to say hello and shake his hand. EL later the same day after watching me shoot and totally muff a stage commented that I had good form...even as I sucked at IDPA. A leisurely and quiet spoken guy he was.

- Janq
    Last edited by Janq; 04-05-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    that wood is hawt!

I thought so too. I want one ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
    that wood is hawt!
    It is _very_ expensive wood grip as OEM from Sig Sauer.
    Off hand I forget the name of it but Sig only puts it on their top line special models such as this and most recently a specific version of the X-5.

Again I assure you guys no hyperbole the pictures do this specific model absolutely no justice what so ever.
    Further when broken down to view it's internals the craftsmanship and finishing is stunning. They are akin to S&W 'Performance Center' and Springfield 'Custom Shop' models that receive hand fitting and human attention to finite detail.

P220 EL models are well known amongst Sig aficionados to be extremely accurate even as it was then and very much is now an obscure model variant.

- Janq
    Last edited by Janq; 04-06-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Runs and takes cover: I think that is one of the most ugly firearms produced. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
    that wood is hawt!
    I agree, the stipled walnut looks very nice on that gun, and I typically don't care for the looks of wood grips on a Sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads